What does 'spiritual health' mean to you?

coldwater00

coldwater00

I think spiritual health to me is just being aware of how I could affect others. I'm not always good at it, but I try to be kind to others and compassionate where I can be. I like to do small gestures that make a difference - I know it sounds corny but there are some homeless guys in town that I always pass and I always give them cigarettes. They seem to appreciate it. I think it is just being aware of how you can help others have some moments of contentment and appreciation. Anything much grander wouldn't really be possible for me to do for others but philanthropy can very often be a selfish, rather than altruistic gesture. Its hard to figure out where to draw the line. Sometimes just being there for someone, and listening, and not being an idiot towards them is a huge gesture.

I also like to be aware of my own self and how I come across to others. So I try not to be angry, or hostile, because I believe that how you treat others has an impact on how you are treated and I believe from lessons that I've learned that it never makes anything feel good to treat others badly.

Kerome

Kerome

I think spiritual health to me is just being aware of how I could affect others. I'm not always good at it, but I try to be kind to others and compassionate where I can be.
That's an excellent starting position for later life. I do think that spiritual health changes according to how old you are, when you're young you can't be expected to be as developed as when you are a bit older. Although I am sure there are exceptions.

Great to see such diversity in people's thinking, it's turning into a classic wisdom-of-crowds thread.

burt tomato

burt tomato

My spirit guide sometimes tells me to smoke. Spiritual health ? go figure.

J

Jules5

I think personally my spiritually comes from a higher power which I call God and his son Jesus Christ along with the holy spirit with the combination I feel safe. I am not religous more spiritually grounded In The LORD. I believe in pray and know it works and I believe in the super natural power of God. I believe the Satan is trying ruin our life's through oppression

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Nothing i dont believe in a spirit maybe its just a fancy way of saying looking after your mind and body thats what i get from it