• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What Does Loneliness Do To You?

I

Ian Haines

Do you feel that way? Lonely?
Are you lonely when in groups, or well occupied rooms?
Is it all day?...or, just part/s of a day?
I get pretty long periods of it, just about every day, myself.

If you're able to come up with what to do about your own personal version of loneliness...what is it that you usually do?

S

shantikhan

i am sorry i cannot give you advice about lonliness, all i can do is empathize with you and understand. it hard when you dont feel connected to the world around you. tell me how does it make you feel and why do you you think you feel so lonley? peace and love to youxxx

Lupercalia

Lupercalia

Loneliness has been my constant companion for as far back as my memory goes. In a crowded room, I feel as if I'm the only member of my species that's there. There is never a time when I'm not lonely. I usually listen to music, play video games, or watch videos to try and ease it, but it never goes away.

S

shantikhan

I am sorry i do not have the answer for you. but hopefully sharing, even if it takes away a tiny bit of lonliness. why do you feel the only memeber of your species in the room. i have had alot of people in my life friends and family. but am so alone. you right, all the distractions are temporelaly, but it does not feed it. do you want to be apart of these other poeple or do you just not connect with them , or vice verca? peace and love to you alwaysxxx

I

Ian Haines

i am sorry i cannot give you advice about lonliness, all i can do is empathize with you and understand. it hard when you dont feel connected to the world around you. tell me how does it make you feel and why do you you think you feel so lonley? peace and love to youxxx
1. It makes me feel lonely.
2. I feel so lonely because I'm never with anybody.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

I get sad and depressed, I watch TV or go on the internet. I still feel lonely though especially at night.

D

Debaura500

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sometimes I like being alone.other times I invite a friend round even though it's lockdown I don't really care as long as I'm happy and safe.

M

Mistral

There is a difference between being lonely and loneliness. I have lived alone for several decades, but in that time I rarely, if have ever, have felt lonely. Living alone can be an annoyance at times as there disadvantages reveal themselves when you live alone, but actual depression caused by the longing for not being alone has passed me by fortunately.

jajingna

jajingna

I'm not a big socializer and don't need to talk much or need much company, but feeling isolated can get old pretty fast. I experienced this living overseas in Korea and China years ago at a couple of jobs where I was the only foreigner and I didn't really have any mates to hang out with. After some months of this I felt like I was going crazy at times.

S

shantikhan

1. It makes me feel lonely.
2. I feel so lonely because I'm never with anybody.
Do you have the self confidence and belief, to talk to people? Others are not all they are made up to be. Our greatest connection is with ourselfs. Yes it is hard .but, dont look to thers to make you feel good/ normal or validated. Peace love and lightxxzz

I

Ian Haines

Do you have the self confidence and belief, to talk to people? Others are not all they are made up to be. Our greatest connection is with ourselfs. Yes it is hard .but, dont look to thers to make you feel good/ normal or validated. Peace love and lightxxzz
I have the self-confidence to talk to people on screen, or on the phone, yes. I am never face-to-face, so I don't remember whether or not I'm confident enough to talk to others in those circumstances. Twenty four years of being almost entirely housebound must be experienced before the impact of it can be known, or even guessed at, by people.

S

shantikhan

I have the self-confidence to talk to people on screen, or on the phone, yes. I am never face-to-face, so I don't remember whether or not I'm confident enough to talk to others in those circumstances. Twenty four years of being almost entirely housebound must be experienced before the impact of it can be known, or even guessed at, by i dont know your circumstances, can you get people to come visit you to trial amd error . Maybe charities like i say i dontnknow. But always try and put yourself into face of adversity

soul searching

soul searching

I feel very alone with my schizophrenia and pain. It is such an ongoing struggle. I have to, like everyone else with similar problems, deal with it on my own all day and all night. The forum helps a lot. Talking to family and in group sessions helps too. In the end your still one on one with your voice and your pain. I'm not going to dwell on these feelings. Seems like self-pity.