• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What does it feel like to be Schizophrenic?

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi all, please forgive my ignorance... I was wondering if people could enlighten me as to what the diagnosis of Schizophrenia means to them? Peace, Love and Respect to all of you :)

Lolaa12

Lolaa12

I don’t know how it feels, but I also was wondering and I looked on Youtube and found a lot of usefull information and videos about it, maybe you can check them out to!

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I only know what psychosis is like which could be considered by some as temporary schizophrenia or sometimes seen as a precursor to schizophrenia.

It's a terrible experience to be in the throes of psychosis, you can't tell what's real and what's not, quite often you don't have enough insight to be able to question what you're going through. I certainly never questioned the reality that was being presented to me by an unknown voice in my head.

I was put on anti-psychotics just like someone with schizophrenia and the ability of my voice to manipulate my sense of reality was taken away from him. I still hear him although his volume has decreased by as much as 95% due to the anti-psychotics, the higher the dose I took the quieter he got but they can't seem to get that last 5%.

For me my diagnosis means I'll have to live the rest of my life on anti-psychotics and my voice promises me he'll never leave me alone so that's another thing I'll have to live with.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Never is a long time, what could you have possibly done to give him that much power and for him never to allow you peace :hug:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I've done nothing to him except protect myself from his madness, my only crime was being born in the driving seat.

What gave him his incredible power over me was my use of cannabis and him learning how to access my Endocrine system (the system that connects all organs and glands) to stimulate my glands to produce chemicals (DMT and Endorphins) that increased my Dopamine levels even more. That's how I believe they can override our central nervous system, by having lots of Dopamine. The anti-psychotics can reduce the amount of Dopamine but can't turn off the tap completely but do it enough to keep him out of my Endocrine system. As far as the cannabis goes I've sworn never to use it again.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Could it be you gave him a amount of control then? :hug:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'd been smoking the cannabis for 20 years before he realised how much power he could have over me while high on it, so it's all a matter of them being aware of it.

As for accessing my glands I believe he learned that 4 years ago from watching another voice do it to their host.

OCDguy

OCDguy

I'm not sure about your glands, I can't help but think that what you are experiencing may well be just automatic body reactions to something else... May I ask, have you ever tried meditating, or something like Yoga or Martial Arts etc... basically it's a way of achieving mind over matter...

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I tried meditation but it did nothing for me. I'm too fat for Yoga or Martial Arts after gaining weight on Olanzapine.

OCDguy

OCDguy

You shouldn't allow being over weight to hinder you... and Martial Arts isn't all about fitness/exercise. You ought to look around, ask questions, and more importantly get involved ;)