• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What does hypomania feel like?

S

spacingspaces

For those of you who are bipolar 2, what does hypomania feel like for you?

B

bipolar_j

I know it's coming on because I begin to get extremely agitated and incredibly irritable, but also while feeling super great? So it's weird because I'll be happy and joking and outgoing and then someone will say or do something and I'll just turn. My mom says I shoot a look that makes people want to hide. And I feel it. Like I know it. And I don't know if my core irritation comes from the fact that I'm naturally an introvert so I honestly hate myself when I just cannot stop what comes out of my mouth. It's a lot of overly friendly, embarrassing my friends nonsense.

^ which leads to the nonstop thinking. Sometimes it comes out in like, anxiety form, because I can get paranoid. But usually it's like "wow I want to tackle all my hobbies." Like, I bought a $550 camera because I was going to become a photographer....and start a youtube channel....I've used it a total of three times. And then there is the lack of sleep. When I'm going through an episode, I am super productive. I get tons of homework done.

:woohoo:

S

spacingspaces

I know it's coming on because I begin to get extremely agitated and incredibly irritable, but also while feeling super great? So it's weird because I'll be happy and joking and outgoing and then someone will say or do something and I'll just turn. My mom says I shoot a look that makes people want to hide. And I feel it. Like I know it. And I don't know if my core irritation comes from the fact that I'm naturally an introvert so I honestly hate myself when I just cannot stop what comes out of my mouth. It's a lot of overly friendly, embarrassing my friends nonsense.

^ which leads to the nonstop thinking. Sometimes it comes out in like, anxiety form, because I can get paranoid. But usually it's like "wow I want to tackle all my hobbies." Like, I bought a $550 camera because I was going to become a photographer....and start a youtube channel....I've used it a total of three times. And then there is the lack of sleep. When I'm going through an episode, I am super productive. I get tons of homework done.

:woohoo:
I've gone through similar things to that. One time I was extremely motivated to get in shape so I started doing calisthenics and I bought some bar thing for it for like 120 euro and never used it once. Recently I wanted to be a rapper so I started making rap songs. That lasted a few months then I wanted to be a beat maker. That lasted about two months. I often start alot of projects and can't finish them.

Warrior

Warrior

For those of you who are bipolar 2, what does hypomania feel like for you?
I have bipolar but was never told what level but when I've had hypomania I go through a right laughing state and it goes on for several days till it ends and then I drop low again but very rare that happens with me.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I get VERY happy and feel ecstatic at times. I talk a lot and feel I love everyone. Then I get irritated on the turn of a sixpence and say things I later deeply regret. I used to ring people in the early hours of the morning and start chatting away ten to the dozen. I also get a lot done. But the crash always comes afterwards. I haven't had a high for some time as I stick to my meds rather than risk it again. Its not a safe place to be for me.

Warrior

Warrior

I talk a lot
calypso it's funny you mentioning talking a lot I do that even with mainly downers, the doctors always said it was my nerves when my mom mentioned it years ago when I lived at home and it used to get where she would tell me to shut up :eek2: I do it with my husband and then I must realize and all I do mainly is keep apologising.

S

spacingspaces

calypso it's funny you mentioning talking a lot I do that even with mainly downers, the doctors always said it was my nerves when my mom mentioned it years ago when I lived at home and it used to get where she would tell me to shut up :eek2: I do it with my husband and then I must realize and all I do mainly is keep apologising.
I go through stages like that where I'm very talkative.its usually when u feel like I've made a breakthrough in how I can cure whatever is going on with me. Apparently when I get like that I seem really excited and I pace alot and talk very fast

Warrior

Warrior

I go through stages like that where I'm very talkative.its usually when u feel like I've made a breakthrough in how I can cure whatever is going on with me. Apparently when I get like that I seem really excited and I pace alot and talk very fast
Now it's nothing like that with me and I suppose it could be me nerves 🤔