What does anxiety feel like?

F

FRIDAY

I have struggled with anxiety for a lot of years and it's awful. And i think the worst part of it is to try to explain to people what i feels like..I would describe it as drowning inside and out, it so much more awful then people think.

How would you describe it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Liza9560

Liza9560

I’d describe it as, extreme nervousness to the max, with a racing heartbeat and an electric scared feeling that shoots inside your chest. :cry: A constant preoccupation with it, constant worry and discombobulation.

I hope we feel better! I am taking my steps to feel better, and I do feel better than I did, oh, 3 weeks ago. But, it’s still discombulation station in my brain box every now and then. We’re strong, though! And we’re not alone. :hug:

Last edited:
Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Anxiety

From a podcast I listen to:

"I feel like an inexperienced medic during a zombie apocalypse."

🧟😷🧟

I

Ichthymom

Physically, I sometimes get sweaty, my nerves are pumping, stomach turning and fastened heartbeat. Mentally, I feel like I'm not in control, causing me to have mixed emotions and snappy reactions to everything around me.
I hope you're getting the support you need! Hang in there!

Last edited:
K

Kay88

Anxiety to me feels like you have no control, fast heart beat, sweating, shaking, pins and needles in my hands and down arms, light headed, feeling sick, chest pains.