• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What does a mixed episode feel like?

M

Mr. T

if you suffer from bipolar and experience mixed episodes i would like to hear from you on this thread.

T

triple x

i get them

i sometimes get these u are high but u dont just feel right. i get like hyper and then t the same time i feel depressed but i dont act like it. but it is better now that i am on depakote

jax

jax

Mixed episodes are very unpleasant. I often get mixed episodes muddled up with ultra-radian cycling as it feels like I am cycling super fast when mixed. In reality it is that I am feeling several things at once and just think I am cycling. I can feel amazing and extremely irritable at the same time. Optimistic and full of ideas and then feeling like a piece of dirt that cold do nothing right. Or sitting crying and laughing out loud the next minute. It sure feels like madness. Not a nice thing to experience.
Jacqui

Beijaflor

Beijaflor

if you suffer from bipolar and experience mixed episodes i would like to hear from you on this thread.
Thanks for asking this question! I too, believe suffer from mix episodes. Can anyone else share their experience?

This is how it feel to me: Really happy, hyper, alert and then, all of a sudden I crash and get tired, sad and bitchy at everything and everyone for no reason. I can't stand it. :(

C

cagedinCT

i can relate to this as well.i'll have days where i go out and hang with friends and be completely happy.but right when i walk into the door of my house my mood shifts and i become down and depressed. then the whole night i can't sleep cuz i don't know if i'm happy or depressed and i just bugg out til i finally get tired and fall asleep.but that usually isn't til 4-6 in the morning.it's horrible.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H How long does it take to get Clozapine out of your system? Bipolar Forum 5
J Feeling defeated, boyfriend does not want to seek help...what can I do? Bipolar Forum 8
P Does bipolar disorder affect cognitive and problem solving abilities? Bipolar Forum 19
O hi new here!! many questions but- does it get easier or do we just get used to dealing with it?? Bipolar Forum 9
MissPink How does your Bipolar affect you in your life? Bipolar Forum 5
K does anyone here have mini highs but not hypomania or mania Bipolar Forum 6
B Does anyone try to self manage bipolar? Bipolar Forum 29
D Does anyone understand what I'm talking about? Bipolar Forum 11
Hello513 So does any one else experience this in mania. Bipolar Forum 30
SlowlyUnravels How does it feel after the meds work? Bipolar Forum 7
K Does "tough love" work for someone who is manic? Bipolar Forum 43
M What does your manic episodes look like? Bipolar Forum 35
T Does it sound like i have bi polar? Bipolar Forum 8
H Does my sister have bipolar? Bipolar Forum 5
B What does bipolar mood chart look like? Bipolar Forum 16
S Does bipolar make you change your personality? Bipolar Forum 5
00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986) What does it mean to be bipolar? Bipolar Forum 3
H how does it always end up being my fault? Bipolar Forum 8
OmniscientNihilist mixed states Bipolar Forum 2
B Goals for the new year and current mixed state Bipolar Forum 5
B Mixed episodes Bipolar Forum 11
AnxiousE Think i am in a dysphoric/mixed episode right now, but... Bipolar Forum 1
B Mixed episodes tratament Bipolar Forum 6
Falling_Fixation Mixed episodes Bipolar Forum 7
B Mixed episodes Bipolar Forum 12
M Nervous about Husband with Bipolar Disorder coming home for a visit after episode Bipolar Forum 16
HLon99 Your first manic episode Bipolar Forum 13
B First manic episode Bipolar Forum 8
T can sleep take away a manic episode? Bipolar Forum 6
A Embarrassment and shame from episode Bipolar Forum 4
M Husband's Bipolar episode; give him support or space? Bipolar Forum 11
B Is feeling angry a manic episode? Bipolar Forum 10
M Really having a bad episode Bipolar Forum 1
M How to be there for a withdrawing partner during a depressive episode? Bipolar Forum 7
W Navigating Spirituality After a Manic Episode Bipolar Forum 5
K How often do you hit a depressive episode after a manic one? Bipolar Forum 20
T Anyone else have strange delusions when not in a psychotic manic episode? Bipolar Forum 7
K Is it triggering to discuss intense manic episode experience? Bipolar Forum 5
F How do you deal with depression that follows a hypomanic episode? Bipolar Forum 7
G Can only reducing antidepressant dose stop a (hypo)manic episode? Bipolar Forum 3
ara13 Have you ever tried to trigger a manic episode? Or tried to live with a bit of instability for creatuve Bipolar Forum 4
Jumo Need advice for bipolar partner's depressive episode Bipolar Forum 1
P Med change - could I have a psychotic episode? Bipolar Forum 5