• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What does a mixed episode feel like?

M

Mr. T

if you suffer from bipolar and experience mixed episodes i would like to hear from you on this thread.

T

triple x

i get them

i sometimes get these u are high but u dont just feel right. i get like hyper and then t the same time i feel depressed but i dont act like it. but it is better now that i am on depakote

jax

jax

Mixed episodes are very unpleasant. I often get mixed episodes muddled up with ultra-radian cycling as it feels like I am cycling super fast when mixed. In reality it is that I am feeling several things at once and just think I am cycling. I can feel amazing and extremely irritable at the same time. Optimistic and full of ideas and then feeling like a piece of dirt that cold do nothing right. Or sitting crying and laughing out loud the next minute. It sure feels like madness. Not a nice thing to experience.
Jacqui

Beijaflor

Beijaflor

if you suffer from bipolar and experience mixed episodes i would like to hear from you on this thread.
Thanks for asking this question! I too, believe suffer from mix episodes. Can anyone else share their experience?

This is how it feel to me: Really happy, hyper, alert and then, all of a sudden I crash and get tired, sad and bitchy at everything and everyone for no reason. I can't stand it. :(

C

cagedinCT

i can relate to this as well.i'll have days where i go out and hang with friends and be completely happy.but right when i walk into the door of my house my mood shifts and i become down and depressed. then the whole night i can't sleep cuz i don't know if i'm happy or depressed and i just bugg out til i finally get tired and fall asleep.but that usually isn't til 4-6 in the morning.it's horrible.