What do you want?

Etheral

Etheral

Hi forum members,

I realize that this is a difficult question but it is essential in overcoming depression and living a somewhat fulfilling life.

I'd like to ask everyone: what do you want?

I personally am struggling in answering this question and am curious to read what other members want.

Lots of love, we will overcome this!

Addy

Skynet

Skynet

I want to live in the present and savour each moment. Meditation helps me do that.

H

Hope1216

The optimistic answer is to live happy and healthy.

The honest one is to just be a better man than I have been by not letting my problems tear me down and hopefully help others in the process because I know what it's like not having anyone to turn to. That's not the most optimistic answer but if I were to be honest, I just want to be better like I know I can be.

G

Girl interupted

To get to a place of stability where I have a solid foundation beneath my feet so that I can stop feeling like I’m constantly treading water to survive. With that relief, I can start to tackle things I’ve neglected, namely myself.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

what do i want ?

to be able to get through the mental blocks i have that have stopped me from moving on in life that is all once i can do that i will be back on track i feel like i am stuck in a loop

R

R2Y5A0N2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'd want to feel more positive and happy as well as finding love, making new friends & losing weight.

Good health and happiness for my family & friends as well please :)

J

JasonR28

A) My family to be alive again (impossible and accepted it wont happen)

B) The NHS to finally pull their finger out and give me the correct help and support I truly need.

The rest in life is fine. I think of myself living no differently to someone with a broken leg. Having so much to give but the 'broken leg' puts heavy restrictions down. With the right help and support I can be truly better again, but, that doesn't happen, although that's what I truly want and need

R

R2Y5A0N2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
A) My family to be alive again (impossible and accepted it wont happen)

B) The NHS to finally pull their finger out and give me the correct help and support I truly need.

The rest in life is fine. I think of myself living no differently to someone with a broken leg. Having so much to give but the 'broken leg' puts heavy restrictions down. With the right help and support I can be truly better again, but, that doesn't happen, although that's what I truly want and need
The government need to give the NHS, especially mental health services more funding IMO. Too many aren't getting the support and advice they so desperately need and are being failed by the government and the NHS.

The waiting times for counselling and therapy need to be a lot quicker.

J

JasonR28

The government need to give the NHS, especially mental health services more funding IMO. Too many aren't getting the support and advice they so desperately need and are being failed by the government and the NHS.
So true. The MH teams are a problem though as well. Weather they are often incompetent or just stupid? I'm not sure which?

NHS therapist's can be just as bad as them too. In almost all IAPT NHS therapy services people have to rate their anxiety/depression on a point based system via several generic questions. Often these questions aren't relevant to the patient, so they score low on the scale.
I have severe, chronic anxiety. Yet according to the point scale system (as half the questions were not relevant to me... which meant I scored 0 on them), I was at a normal level/very mild anxiety level.

People don't get the right help partly because of funding and waiting times, but also partly because people have their problems played down or are forced to take a lesser treatment which doesn't work. They lose trust in the services and simply wont approach them for help again

R

R2Y5A0N2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So true. The MH teams are a problem though as well. Weather they are often incompetent or just stupid? I'm not sure which?

NHS therapist's can be just as bad as them too. In almost all IAPT NHS therapy services people have to rate their anxiety/depression on a point based system via several generic questions. Often these questions aren't relevant to the patient, so they score low on the scale.
I have severe, chronic anxiety. Yet according to the point scale system (as half the questions were not relevant to me... which meant I scored 0 on them), I was at a normal level/very mild anxiety level.

People don't get the right help partly because of funding and waiting times, but also partly because people have their problems played down or are forced to take a lesser treatment which doesn't work. They lose trust in the services and simply wont approach them for help again
I agree, I have recently had to fill one of those questionnaires out but my anxiety score was quite high based on those particular question but yes everyone is different so they should take that into consideration.

I really hope you manage to find the right treatment for you personally and I hope it helps because you deserve to feel better and deserve support that is going to benefit you.