• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What do you think is wrong with me?

T

Tonymcc

I am 21 years old and for the last 3 months or so i have been experiencing up and down moods. I can be high and happy and hyper then be really low and depressed the next. When i am high i only need about 2-3 hours sleep a night and i don't miss it. My thoughts also race uncontrollably too and i feel so energised. I have been shopping excessively too lately but it makes me feel better at the time.When i am low i cut my arms and at times think of suicide.What do you think is wrong with me? I'd appreciate all feedback. Thank you

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Poor you!! I'm afraid none of us on here can offer any kind of diagnosis but I'd advise you to go and see your GP and let them know how you're feeling. Sorry I can't be much help.

T

Tonymcc

Thank you for your quick reply. My friends says it sounds like Bipolar Disorder. Is he right? I am really worried. What is your opinion?

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Thank you for your quick reply. My friends says it sounds like Bipolar Disorder. Is he right? I am really worried. What is your opinion?
Hi Tony, and welcome to the forum:welcome:
As Unlucky has said it could be any number of things and probably a mixture of several things; the brain is very complex! It would be wrong to speculate as to what is wrong with you on an internet forum so your first stop needs to be your GP who will then be able to refer you to your local mental health services.

Good luck with getting things sorted and stay around the forum as you will get lots of support.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hello513 Bipolar Forum 31
frisas45 Bipolar Forum 13
rainbowsocks Bipolar Forum 9