• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What do you think is wrong with me?Please help!

T

tony2010

Hi. I want to thank everyone who replied to my other thread. i really appreciate it. Anyway i am 22 and i was discharged from hospital in Glasgow 5 weeks ago after a 6 day stay. My diagnosis was "Recurrent Depressive Disorder - probable Bipolar Spectrum".I was on Citalopram 20mg for 8 months before i was hospitalised and this treatment has been continued.Anyway for the past two weeks or so i have been having racing thoughts like scenes from movies and music and ideas going round my head a hundred miles an hour and i can't concentrate and it gives me trouble sleeping at night at times. Also my speech has been really fast and pressured and i can't help it. I have also felt more energetic than usual and i haven't been needing much sleep. I get like 4 hours and i don't feel tired.I have also had two occasions where i heard voices in my head like my own voice but i couldn't make the voices out because it was all jumbled. It was quite scary. I see the psychiatrist on the 31st of March which isn't long. I am going to wait until then and tell her how i have been feeling.

What do you think is wrong with me? When i tell the psychiatrist what i have wrote here do you think she will put me on different medication or diagnose me?BTW my Mum is Bipolar i believe.Thank you very much for reading.

Last edited:
T

Twylight

Hi Tony
It certainly appears that your mind is ' Racing '.
And yes, there is medication available to help this..

jax

jax

Anti-depressants can often cause someone with Bipolar to go high. If you continue to feel like this, I would ring your pdoc and get an earlier appointment.