• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What do you think about starting Clozapine in the middle of 60s who is in the higher dose of insulin and metfomins.

R

roserose

What do you think about starting Clozapine in the middle of 60s who is in the higher dose of insulin and metfomins. I heard close supervision is needed and the white cells goes down in the use of the Clozapine. Once it is started is it possible to come out of this if it is not working. Years of using Flupentixol isn't working.
Yesterday attended the guided meditation and had a sound sleep and voices subdued since then

MidnightBlue

MidnightBlue

They grappled me and injected me with clozapine at hospital as refused there medication lol. The clozapine injection was way too strong had me drooling. tablet form every night it knocks me out.
<3

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
I think you should be discussing this with your psychiatrist as none of us are experts and I don't want you to get the wrong advice.

By the way, I take clozapine and I'm 21 years old now. I started when I was 18 and have a few problems (side effect wise)- fast heart beat, drooling a lot, sometimes constipated.

fazza

fazza

Please speak to your doctor. Clozapine is a wonderful drug bit can for some have serious effects that differ greatly from person to person.
Only your doctor can give you the medical advice you need and the last thing you need is bad advice clouding your judgment.

My experience of it was fantastic until 1 year in. Then my neutrophils plummeted to 0.8. I came off it strait away with no taper and it was a rocky view weeks of bad withdrawal.

I survived fine and still rate the drug well despite it nearly killing me. It restored my insight and gave me hope.

I now take lurasidone I don't have voices anymore or paranoia and feel fantastic. Again this is just how this drug works for me and others will be different.

I see you have other health problems. I am sure you will be monitored carefully if in the UK you will attend the clozapine clinic weekly and the policy is no blood no drug so if you miss a bloodtest you will not get your weekly supply. This then moves to 2 weekly then monthly.

You will have your weight and blood pressure checked including heart rate checked.

Your bloods are analysed whilst you wait so grab a coffee and chat with others.

You will see people start clozapine who are really Ill and as the weeks pass you will see the same people looking and feeling better and this will give you hope.

I was unlucky and my bloods came back wrong do that was it.

The clozapine monitoring service controls the issue of meds and the resukts go to them online from the clinic
Green.....all is good issue meds
Yellow cautiin....retest in 3 days time

Red......stop all treatment and retest weekly until neutrophils recover.

Hope this helps
This my experience from the past

R

roserose

I think you should be discussing this with your psychiatrist as none of us are experts and I don't want you to get the wrong advice.

By the way, I take clozapine and I'm 21 years old now. I started when I was 18 and have a few problems (side effect wise)- fast heart beat, drooling a lot, sometimes constipated.
Doctor's advice is one side of the picture, patients experience is the other side of the picture. We need both sides to see what's best for us. There are new treatments are coming other than drugs, like rTMS. Wish you well

R

roserose

Please speak to your doctor. Clozapine is a wonderful drug bit can for some have serious effects that differ greatly from person to person.
Only your doctor can give you the medical advice you need and the last thing you need is bad advice clouding your judgment.

My experience of it was fantastic until 1 year in. Then my neutrophils plummeted to 0.8. I came off it strait away with no taper and it was a rocky view weeks of bad withdrawal.

I survived fine and still rate the drug well despite it nearly killing me. It restored my insight and gave me hope.

I now take lurasidone I don't have voices anymore or paranoia and feel fantastic. Again this is just how this drug works for me and others will be different.

I see you have other health problems. I am sure you will be monitored carefully if in the UK you will attend the clozapine clinic weekly and the policy is no blood no drug so if you miss a bloodtest you will not get your weekly supply. This then moves to 2 weekly then monthly.

You will have your weight and blood pressure checked including heart rate checked.

Your bloods are analysed whilst you wait so grab a coffee and chat with others.

You will see people start clozapine who are really Ill and as the weeks pass you will see the same people looking and feeling better and this will give you hope.

I was unlucky and my bloods came back wrong do that was it.

The clozapine monitoring service controls the issue of meds and the resukts go to them online from the clinic
Green.....all is good issue meds
Yellow cautiin....retest in 3 days time

Red......stop all treatment and retest weekly until neutrophils recover.

Hope this helps
This my experience from the past
When Man talks to God we call it religion.
When God talks back it's called Schizophrenia. Like it and I thought about this many times. There are hearing voice groups, approaching this in a different way. Wish you well

R

roserose

They grappled me and injected me with clozapine at hospital as refused there medication lol. The clozapine injection was way too strong had me drooling. tablet form every night it knocks me out.
<3
Wish you get better

fazza

fazza

Doctor's advice is one side of the picture, patients experience is the other side of the picture. We need both sides to see what's best for us. There are new treatments are coming other than drugs, like rTMS. Wish you well
I agree with this but some people listen to members who think that serious side effects happen to everyone and that is not the case.

A balanced view is essential.
So yes you are right both sides need to be listened too and that's why I tried to give a measured answer.
I can't discuss the problems associated with diabetes as I am not a clinician or pharmacist and I would not want to give bad advice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2 Schizophrenia Forum 4
P Schizophrenia Forum 7
P Schizophrenia Forum 3
J Schizophrenia Forum 23
P Schizophrenia Forum 1