• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What do you have to be grateful for???

M

Mastiff mom

The Heath and welline Of
A roof over my head and food to eat
My comfy bed
My husband-- a devoted man who loves his kids so much

My dogs and cats
My god who watches over us and gives me strength
My best friend I can tell anything to and she still loves
My MH issues- they make me more compassionate.

All of you on this site.
I find making a gratitude list refocuses my point of view and helps me feel more positive.sowhat are you grateful for today?&

BillFish

BillFish

The Heath and welline Of
A roof over my head and food to eat
My comfy bed
My husband-- a devoted man who loves his kids so much

My dogs and cats
My god who watches over us and gives me strength
My best friend I can tell anything to and she still loves
My MH issues- they make me more compassionate.

All of you on this site.
I find making a gratitude list refocuses my point of view and helps me feel more positive.sowhat are you grateful for today?&
I did ponder being grateful for a few years, but then the realization hit me that I've had to fight,scrimp and beg for everything I have. And that anyone other than my close family wouldn't give me the steam off their crap, unless I fought for it.And that the state and I suspect several other people would be happy to see me rotting on the street.So with that in mind, I find it difficult to be grateful for what I have, knowing it could be taken away from me in a second if I let my guard down.:p

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I did ponder being grateful for a few years, but then the realization hit me that I've had to fight,scrimp and beg for everything I have. And that anyone other than my close family wouldn't give me the steam off their crap, unless I fought for it.And that the state and I suspect several other people would be happy to see me rotting on the street.So with that in mind, I find it difficult to be grateful for what I have, knowing it could be taken away from me in a second if I let my guard down.:p
Idk , I could be getting this wrong so sorry if I am, but I am supposed to list 10 things I am grateful for each day as part of my mindfulness course , ie things I am grateful for on that particular day. My first thought was , well i cant do that cos I not grateful to anyone for anything but then I decided i could be grateful to me. So in your case I might say - I am grateful to me for fighting, scrimping etc for what I have.
(I dont do it everyday by the way, but I can do it sometimes now, whereas before it was impossible). Dont know if this makes any sense to you. Just how i manage to do it

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It is good to practise gratitude and remind yourself every once in a while just what you've got.

I am grateful for -

Clean water, to both drink and clean myself with.
Having enough food.
The benefits I receive which enable me to live an independent life away from abuse.
Electricity.
Phone and internet connection.
Having my own flat.
Owning clothes which aren't high-fashion, but are in good condition nonetheless.
My furniture and oven, fridge, washing machine etc.
My central heating, which keeps me warm.
The privilege I have to be alive in both the place and time that i'm living in.
Loving family members.
Music.
My lovely dogs.
The medication i've received that helps me live a better life.
My pottery class.

I could go on, but i'll stop here. I am really fortunate. x

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm greatful for:
My health.
A roof over my head.
Food in my tummy.
My kids and family.
The struggles I've been through and learnt from.
All those who have helped me in my life.
Art, music, books, TV, radio and the internet.
My job and being employed.
The friends I've met here on the forum.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I am grateful for and to my dog who loves me and puts up with me however I am. He doesnt mind what time he has a walk, he doesnt mind when i spend hours in bed. He is always happy. He is who gets me up every day. He is who keeps me here