What do you do when nothing excites or interests you anymore?

N

Nancourt

II no longer have the desire to travel, graduate, move on with life. Nothing excites me at all. Throughout the day now i just think about how peaceful it will be when i finally get to die. I'd really like to die as soon as possible.

There's nothing keeping me alive anymore. I don't get along with my father or sister, and to be honest the less i speak with them the better. \they make everything worse. My mother is schizophrenic so she makes things worse as well, always has. i resent my upbringing and most of all i resent the series of events that led to me meeting the girl that destroyed my year and any hope i had for happy future.

The future depresses me it doesnt excite me nothign does. life is ver cruel. And people are right the world isn't fair, it's too true, it's a cold dark evil place, and I can't wait to be dead.

Skynet

Skynet

You seem to be grieving over your relationship with this girl and suffering from anhedonia (loss of interest in pleasurable activities, which can be a symptom of depression or grief). You should probably inform your psych as antidepressants can help very much. Secondly, there's no need to die as depression is very treatable and even time will heal your grief. Maybe you should try to mend your family relationships by trying to get along with your dad, sis and even your mom. Those relationships are often more permanent than romantic ones. Also, you don't need a girlfriend to be happy; as someone who's never been in a romantic relationship, I am living proof of this. Hope you get better soon! :hug:

J

Jules5

Sounds like a rough spot you are in right now you will feel joy again life revolves around how you react to life. Do not let this piece of life ruin anything else good that will happen I agree with skynet try to get along with your family and always seek help It was good you wrote out how you were feeling here. Lots of hugs

WonderwallGirl

WonderwallGirl

it's ok not to feel interest to anything for a while, don't force yourself to do something you don't want to. give yourself time to heal from breakup and if you want just stay in bed doing nothing , its ok. just see professional who will help you to recover sooner

N

Nancourt

i've been going through this for the past 5 months. nothing has changed and i have sought professional help im on 12 ANtidepressants prozac and venlaflaxine i think. i'm still in pain, nothing is changing. im still pathetic and you know what life is just so much worse and pointless now. no one can actually help me. no one. no one knows what to say whAT to do? as soon as i ask peiople if they think I'm pathetic they don't know what to say. none of them do. i bet they all think that im a pathetic boring loser and i always tried to be interesting. I tried to be fun and spontaneous with her and kind and respectful to her family. and you know what .

I always end up alone. always

i don't find anyone ever.
and im sick of being alone. ive been alone ive taken care if my self and i wanted a break finally

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

Just do it suffering with depression sucks i find it best to just force myself to do things i feep much better after compared if i dont go because i dont think i have the energy

N

Nancourt

Just do it suffering with depression sucks i find it best to just force myself to do things i feep much better after compared if i dont go because i dont think i have the energy
Do what exactly? Study?? yeah you cant just do it when it comes to dentistry that shit is rly hard and reuqires expert focus not to bne feeling the way i am

O

OCDguy

Seems to me (but I am no Doctor etc.), that your current situation is a lot of what is deflating you. As such, something probably needs to change, and sometimes little changes can start to make a big difference. A suggestion might be to list everything that is negative in your day to day life, and see what can be eliminated, and where changes can be possibly made. With regards to your long term plans, another suggestion might be to write them down, and see what can be changed, and what can be done to achieve them :hug:

N

Nancourt

Everything about my day to day life is negative. my family is toxic. i do nothing all day and im not going to study either i cant

N

Nancourt

Please don't lose hope. Hold on and better days will come.
i know my happiness can't depend on one person. but i was so happy with her. so haopy i thought i connected with her i thought finally someone saw my value

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

Nothing excites me at all. Throughout the day now i just think about how peaceful it will be when i finally get to die. I'd really like to die as soon as possible.

The future depresses me it doesnt excite me nothign does. life is ver cruel. And people are right the world isn't fair, it's too true, it's a cold dark evil place, and I can't wait to be dead.
I often feel the same way and have come to know it's the Depression talking.

What to do about it? I make myself keep going, in spite of how I feel. It would be easy to give up and lay in bed all day, but I make myself get up, get showered, and do some work every day, no matter what or how little. Just a small change in activity levels can help shift my mood from fatalistic/suicidal to calm.

N

Nancourt

i wasn't meant for this world. i just wasn't meant to be alive this long. I should have been aborted at birth and something must have gone wrong. i wish i was aborted

N

Nancourt

if it's the depression well then the depression is all that i am now. i am depression and there is nothing left of me

N

Nancourt

Better days havent come ive been waiting 6 months for better days but it's all lies. everyone is lying to me about everything, they tell me im better off without her and that i can do much better than her. but i can tell theyre lying theyre all lying. i can't wait till i die, it's the one thing i want the most. ill gladly relinquish my organs to people that need them. im done though. i want to be dead.