what do you do in a crisis?

S

sickntired

lets say your doctor is away until next week, its 2am , everyones asleep so you don't want to call anybody and bother them, you don't think the helplines are much use, you don't want to go to A&E , and you're running out of ideas of things to do to keep yourself occupied?

cant sleep either. need to keep busy but everything is triggering me. in a lot of pain and the dark cloud has come back. any ideas?
ive been listening to music. i have no meds, stopped them last year.

flowergirl

flowergirl

Big hugs xx well income here. Ive tried lots of things. Drinking hot choc reading a good book playing candy crush eating icecream journaling (that can sometimes help but sometimes not ) looking through catalogue s at things I want to buy. The ones that help me most are watching funny tv shows like mike and molly etc and forcing myself not to think at all because most feelings are caused by what youre thinking but when ive been really poorly ive rang nhs direct and told them I was feeling the s word they were very kind and rang me back after an hor or two to check I was ok xxx

S

sickntired

((((((flower)))))

ty so much. you've been very helpful.
i appreciate the suggestions and ideas. i do the same, i make a hot drink and have a cig and read things. i agree journaling sometimes not helpful at all, but i used to write down lists of reasons to stay alive and things. yeah ive been watching some funny things. the minute they end i just feel it again , that 'bam' feeling (you know what i mean)

ive also called nhs direct before, they just sent an ambulance out on me, but someone talking to me would be helpful, i just get scared they'll call someone out on me and you just never know who you're going to be talking to. i always seem to attract rude people and im not good at talking, although i needed an ambulance that day , i didn't want one. i know that sounds stupid. by the way i hadn't hurt myself or anything. they just called one. i feel like an idiot just calling up and asking to talk to someone though, you just never know what they might do. Samaritans not that good (not for me) im not good with just talking and them listening, i find advice better, but just running out of things. and thanks for all your suggestions i'll keep reading over them and picking some out when need to. xxx

flowergirl

flowergirl

Im not a big fan of calling places either lol sometimes you want to get it all out there but all that comes out is dfgyrdvgtrfgyttgggt! !!!!
It is so hard to pull yourself out of that place keep from falling over the edge but you know this place has helped so much for me personally. I hope that it does for you too. You should be proud of yourself for working so hard to stay afloat because it takes more effort than people think!! It sounds like (forgive me if im reaching here) you dont feel important enough to "bother" people with your needs ..if you are very much struggling then you need more support than is in place at the moment till you are feeling better xxx

S

sickntired

yeah, there's nothing worse than that long long silence where you can tell they just want to get off the phone now. its so hard and scary to admit how we really are. i appreciate help im just scared of being let down. so many times ive gone to the hospital and had the strength to tell someone how i was feeling and they just told me to take a lorazepam and go home to bed. also been told to talk to friends

my friends are sick of me, i don't even know what to say anymore to them. i worry them enough and they just know now im going to depress them so they don't bother asking how i am anymore. i don't blame them though, theres nthing they can do to help me and its hard and confusing for them, so that's a no go..

yes it does take more effort than we think. i am trying i really am, today was just awful i was so close again. i couldn't because of fear, but yes i tried (tried to speak to someone), i called the mental health team and asked them to call me bac, they never did. two days in a row they never called me back, i rang them and asked again, still no call, no missed calls on the phone and i never heard it ring, but that was to be expected with them. sorry for my rambling,

thanks flower xxx

S

sickntired

the last time i was in crisis and called helpline, we ended up talking about vegetables!

flowergirl

flowergirl

Thats what im here for ! No thanks required in a weeks time ill be crying on your shoulder lol
What kinds of treatment have you had up to now ? Xx

Vegetables !!! I hope it was not carrots !! If ur a carrot kind of person Ill have to defriend u this instant !!!!

Ino ..ino ...my jokes are not funny-haha theyre funny-strange ...

S

sickntired

:p :cry: ow, so no one likes carrot people? ok :( :doh:

my treatments, well i was first in hospital when i was 13, that was for three months. i then started medication for the first time, Prozac, olanzapine, quitiapine, mirtazapine, haloperidol, paliperidone, Effexor, so many :( spent a lot of time going in and out of hospital constantly, i had counselling for 5 years, crisis team out a few times. just a lot, and ive tried so hard to help myself, ive tried alternative therapies and healings, healthy diet, also a lot of negative things to cope temporariy, drinking for example. ive tried so much for such a long time and i'm giving up now, i don't have much hope at all. im sleeping for so long, the longest being 21 hours and im not even on any medication, i think my body is giving up too. sorry im being so depressing again

anyway, im trying and keeping myself busy, thanks for talking to me :)
xx

S

Stac10101

Hey Sickntired, Still Awake? I am, and its 12:00 am here, and I doubt I will be sleeping tonight again. Would give anything to sleep like you. For me sleep means no dealing with anything!! I just found this site, but I sure could have used it years ago. Talking to people that actually know what my life is like, and what happens in my mind, instead of doctors that just guess is great!!

S

sickntired

Hey Sickntired, Still Awake? I am, and its 12:00 am here, and I doubt I will be sleeping tonight again. Would give anything to sleep like you. For me sleep means no dealing with anything!! I just found this site, but I sure could have used it years ago. Talking to people that actually know what my life is like, and what happens in my mind, instead of doctors that just guess is great!!

Hey Stac

yeah i'm still awake. welcome by the way
how are you feeling today?
i agree its good to meet people and talk to people who can understand a lot without you having to say much.
so sorry you're having trouble sleeping too, how long do you go without sleep?

for me it varies a lot. i can sleep normally for a few days then be up for two days or asleep for a whole day. i just cant seem to fix it for long and doctors wont give me sleeping meds for longer than two weeks
what's keeping you up? is it everything on your mind, worries and things like that?

at first, i loved sleeping so much, but its taken over my life a bit now. i love sleeping but ive missed out on so much, and a lot of my relationships have broken down, i mean its distanced me from people, people hardly see me etc, but i like it sometimes because i am really not here, i just wake up and come back for a bit. its like im living more in dreamtime than i am here, sometimes that's good for me, but i know its not laziness at all, i have a lot of physical health problems its probably my hyperparathyroidism. (sorry just had to add that because i bet you some people will read and just think im lazy for sleeping so much)

S

Stac10101

I am not too bad right now, reading this site has helped me tonight when I was in a bad state. I was on sleeping pills, which helped immensely but my doctor retired and my new doctor says no. So yes, I sleep whenever my body has had enough. People do think I am lazy though, and sometimes I believe maybe that is true. I too have health problems, besides mental!! LOL!! Love to daydream too, its an escape for me from the real world.

Last edited:
T

Taff

Love you, just getting waiting for the GP to ring back about my tinnitus, could be a cauliflower ear.:)
How you doing now sick and tired? Feeling cabbaged myself xxx:hug1:

S

sickntired

hope your ear gets better soon taff, tinnitus is so annoying

i'm a bit peas'ed off but other than that, today's a bit better, the MH team called back today, and a nurse was kind enough to come out after work to drop prescription off for me. they talking to psych tomorrow and see about me going back on anti depressants etc. got sme sleeping meds for tonight which is good. hope everyone else is doing ok today,
xx

T

Taff

Best wishes, take care and sleep well tonight. Its good to hear you are getting a bit of support there.
(Hope you don't have to get up for a leek in the night xx)
Love and safe dreams xx
Taff;)

S

sickntired

:LOL: nice one. thanks for making me giggle. that helps too (y)

sweet dreams everyone. also feel free to post more ideas here for others, I know a lot of us struggle to find things to keep busy :flowers::goodluck:

xx

flowergirl

flowergirl

am glad some headway was made with regards sleeping ! just keep holding on in there we are here with you i hope you get some decent sleep !! hugs xxx