• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

What do you believe is the root cause of your SA?

LePlusBeau1

LePlusBeau1

Hello everyone! Good afternoon! (Here it's 524 PM)

I hope you're all doing well or are at least staying safe

A bit about myself is that I've had SA for maybe 10 years. Knowingly. Before and prior to that, I didn't know I had it, or what caused it, nothing.

But flash forward to today, and it turns out that disorders like schizophrenia can cause cognitive disorders and cognitive decline as well, such as social issues.

For the longest time I could've SWORN it was autism. But no, it's just the schizophrenic side of me (I'm schizoaffective)

Unfortunately, the root cause of my social anxiety is schizophrenia, which makes socializing almost IMPOSSIBLE.

I take coffee religiously (As well as my meds!) and it seems to balance out some sort of "neurotypical" side of me.

I've looked into why that is, and I recommend you do too if you're curious, but I won't bore you with the details.

I'm glad there's a home for us here in MHF

I'm slowly discovering different sides of me I never knew I had, and I'm just glad that I now know what I'm dealing with

Social anxiety is one of the toughest things I've ever faced in my life, and so I just wanted to introduce myself and demonstrate to all of you that if you fight the battles, you WILL win some, and your professional clinicians will also win other ones for you

Just gotta have faith, trust, or hope

K

karl7

i have socoial anxiety too which i beleive is because of my sz.......its a major pain in the as*......./do you have any way to deal with your social anxiety?

by the way welcome to the forums

Antimatter

Antimatter

Hello and welcome LePlus, enjoy your stay x

L

Lg95

my SA comes from a very long time ago, I think it's because the things my family and people around me told me as a kid, since I am also an introvert I've always been the quiet one even as a kid and they would always told me: "why don't You talk? Why are you so weird? You should speak more.. You should go out... All of those things made me very anxious in social situations, even as a kid and now as an adult is the same...
But I choose to believe that we are not the same person we were anymore, so we can decide to not let the past dictate who we are today... So I'm determined to rewire my brain and fix this social anxiety thing because I know I'm capable of so much but I'm always trapped in my own head... Not anymore, I'll fight this sh....t