• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What do the emojis and ellipsis mean here?

V

Vents46

A friend wrote this (below) to me. What do the emojis and ellipsis mean here? Is this a kind or cruel thing to write?

'But as a team, we collectively killed the cockroaches that appeared in our room on our last day...😱😞 Onward to Berlin and fast. 🚌'

Is it cruel to the cockroaches? Does the author of this pose care about the cockroaches they killed?

Wishbone

Wishbone

Scared/freaked out about the cockroaches, sad about it being the last day (or having to go to the trouble of having to kill cockroaches on their last day), but is eager to move onto Berlin and soon, probably to get away from the cockroaches!

V

Vents46

I see. Does this mean that they cared about the cockroaches?

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

That’s strange cockroaches make me think of fear factor type stuff. And Berlin maybe there are no cockroaches there. I don’t think they meant any harm to the roaches but I don’t think they liked them.

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

Cockroaches are horrid dirty insects. They crawl over me at night. They are very fast so difficult to kill. At least they don't bite. Just scratch. I got used to them already so just let them run.