• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What do I suffer from?

Unknown Dude

Unknown Dude

I've experienced a lot of difficult stages/traumatic events throughout my life and every bad event happens it leaves me even worse than ever. I lost joy in stuff that I used to enjoy doing like playing video games or going out with friends and whenever my friends tell me to go out with them I'm like: "I got stuff to do." I would be very energetic and in a split second I get severely depressed. I'd be like: "You guys are the best!" And suddenly I would cursse at them. I would piss everyone off at school (even my bestfriends) and make them hate me and when I get home I'd be like: "Why did I do this" and I'd text them saying sorry and I do them same thing the next day (this episode can last for weeks and happens every now and then and the period varies.) When I get back from school I lock my door and when it's lunch or dinner time I take the food and eat in my eat in my room. I don't talk much with people, I have few friends and I suffer from Social Anxiety. I noticed that when someone asks me something I would respond in a rude way that I didn't mean to and I'd hurt their feelings without even knowing (as if my brain is in a comma.) I've been experiencing a lot of racing thoughts and flashbacks of the worst stuff that happened to me and my failures which makes me over think and it gets me a splitting headache. I do stuff that I don't know the reason for doing it. I think I don't deserve to be happy or be better. When it gets the worst I start self harming. I have a different way of thinking than others so nobody understands me and I'll be left alone. Sometimes I lack feelings in a hard situation and sometimes I'd be very sensitive and fragile in silly ones. I get nervous when someone keep looking at me and I can't keep looking into someone's eyes too long. T first time I heard voices was a girl screaming as if she was beaide me. The second one was a girl crying and the third one was a man laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknown Dude

Unknown Dude

Thanks Nikita for your reply and your warm welcome, I appreciate it :). And thanks for guiding me and thanks for the book titles I'll get them as soon as possible. I hope you are doing well and have a great day :)

calypso

calypso

Admin
I need to make it clear, none of us can diagnose you on here, we don't know you and sometimes a person might only give some signs and not others. I think voices can happen in anxiety and other conditions, and can also just be one offs. Don't get hung up on that too much.

I think you might need help with all of this and going to your GP might be a first step. I would suggest you write a dairy, brief notes daily, and see if there is a pattern. With moods, its an idea to have a scale of 1-3 for having racing thoughts and over happy, and minus 1-3 for depression, from brief depressed thoughts, to severe depression. However, depression usually is a constant state over months, not sudden like this.

This all builds a picture for you of what is happening and will be helpful for any doc to see.

Can I ask, you mention school, are you using the term in an American sense of school for all secondary education, or are you British? I need to know to ask your age please.

Unknown Dude

Unknown Dude

I'm 18 it's my last year so don't worry

calypso

calypso

Admin
Good, take good care honey and don't worry about your voices too much, unless they are troubling a lot. Nikita is right, look into the Hearing Voices group (see above) as they can help.

Sid85

Sid85

Hello.
I am new to the forum. I was reading your post and I can relate to a lot of the symptoms that you have. I cannot tell you what you have but I have Schizotypal Personality Disorder. My voices scream too. It can be really scary. I have feelings that I cannot explain or no feelings at all. I will get angry for no apparent reason. I go through periods of inner turmoil that I call Dark Phases and it kind of mimics depression. I have the racing thoughts. That can be scary because sometimes I don't know if it is my thinking or it is the voices talking. I do not prefer the company of other people. They make my voices angry, especially their eyes. I don't like the expectation in their eyes. I have terrible social anxiety. I have to leave social situations because I become afraid that someone is angry at me or that I said or thought something wrong and someone knows about it. I hope you are not a schizotypal. This is not easy to live with. I wish you the best. -Sid

Unknown Dude

Unknown Dude

Yea it really makes me feel bad about myself. I can't really get peace of mind or explain my feelings to others, I tried a couple of times but they said that I am making it a big deal/exaggerating which makes me feel even worse. Disrupted feelings/emotions and thoughts can make you want to commit suicide (at least for me because I can't take it anymore). Plus those voices which makes me freak out when I hear them. I don't get myself into social situations at all except with the people who I already know and sometimes I evade them and that's when I know I am starting to feel paranoid.

Sid85

Sid85

Hello.
I do not want to be pushy but have you ever heard of schizotypal forum? Schizotypal Forum
You might be able to find some support. I know that this is my first choice of support groups. I have similar symptoms and they have never called me a liar. I even struggled with suicidal thoughts. I think that it is worth looking into. I am not telling you what to do but this is the best that I can think of how I can help. You don't even have to be diagnosed to join. You can go there and not have to worry. Hang in there. -Sid

Last edited by a moderator:
Unknown Dude

Unknown Dude

Hello.
I do not want to be pushy but have you ever heard of schizotypal forum? Schizotypal Forum
You might be able to find some support. I know that this is my first choice of support groups. I have similar symptoms and they have never called me a liar. I even struggled with suicidal thoughts. I think that it is worth looking into. I am not telling you what to do but this is the best that I can think of how I can help. You don't even have to be diagnosed to join. You can go there and not have to worry. Hang in there. -Sid
You're not pushy att all Sid, you're offering help which I greatly appreciate :) thanks for guiding me. Hope you are doing well.