- Mar 14, 2021
- New York
I did some real thinking about what I want to be in this life. I have such a strong tie to being a miserable, sad, anxious person - what was an alter ego that I could have that would inspire me? Here is what I found:
- Real Perception of Reality - able to judge situations correctly and honestly. They are very sensitive to the superficial and dishonest.
- Comfortable acceptance of self, others and nature. Self-actualizers accept their own human nature with all its flaws. The shortcomings of others and the contradictions of the human condition are accepted with humor and tolerance.
- Reliant on own experiences and judgement. Independent, not reliant on culture and environment to form opinions and views.
- Spontaneous and natural. True to oneself, rather than being how others want.
- Profound interpersonal relationships. The interpersonal relationships of self-actualizers are marked by deep loving bonds.
- Sense of Humor. This refers to the ability to laugh at oneself.
- Peak experiences. These occasions were marked by feelings of ecstasy, harmony, and deep meaning. Self-actualizers reported feeling at one with the universe, stronger and calmer than ever before, filled with light, beauty, goodness, and so forth.
- Socially compassionate. Possessing humanity.
- Few friends. Few close intimate friends rather than many perfunctory relationships.