What do i do? Please help...

K

kyles19191

Hi, i have never tried this, but im whiling to try anything. To start, hi im kyle im 20 years old. When i was 16, I met the girl of my dreams, everyday for 2 years we hung out there was maybe 2 days in those 2 years we didnt hang out (until the last 2 months when i started working). We were the perfect couple we even made most likely to get married in the school yearbook. I always dreamed of marrying my high school sweetheart ever since i was a little kid i dont know why but I just always thought that was the dream. Let me make this clear, there is a lot of things about her nobody knows but i did going into it because i always believe you should never let somebody's past determine who they are TODAY. So i gave her a chance. It was the best decision of my life up until December 20 2014.. I get a text saying its over out of the blue random as hell.. I lost it, i was at work and just collapsed my whole world in one text was shattered. She calls me and tells me im not coming over for Christmas nothing, again that killed me even more. Well skip ahead a day after christmas, her mom calls me and says "how was christmas with rachel?". At that exact moment, i knew what was really going on.. I hung up and called her immediately and started questioning her it took me 2 hours to find out the girl that i invested everything in, changed my life around for her, the girl who told me she wants me to be the father of our future kids, had been cheating on me since i started working.... I didnt get sad i got mad and i remember 2 weeks later they broke up she came to me i gave her a chance and suddenly 3 days after i get a text saying (I moved to georgia). It has been a year and a half. The sadness that i didnt feel at first i am now for about a year. AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF, i feel absolutley pathetic for that.. For still being sad over her.. I cant seem to pull my self out of this whole it just gets deeper and deeper. I never had closure i never had that final goodbye. I miss her everyday i miss the old Rachel. But i know shes 1400 miles but even though i know that i still cant let go... i just need some kind of advice WHAT DO I DO TO LIVE NORMAL AGAIN?? I have tried dating i have tried everything and im starting to run out of options.. I lost my whole world. I just need help.... I feel so lost and alone.. I put on such a fake front in front of everybody in my life...

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Kyle,
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Life will get easier, try to keep busy it will distract you then.
You will meet somebody else, it just takes time.
Take care

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Hi Kyle
It takes time, sometimes a hell of a long time to get over someone you loved.
You have to focus on other areas of your life and improve them until one day you will feel ready to date again.
talking helps, have you thought about getting some therapy?
Hugs
Fox

K

kyles19191

Well, funny enough, just 2 nights ago at a party something triggered me and my bestfriend sally saw me and saw something was wrong and we talked for 7 hours until the sun came up. That was the first time I really talked about how i feel because i dont want people to feel sorry for me or to judge me for still being sad. I had her in tears saturday night, she just kept saying im crying for you because I love you and i never knew you were in this much pain. It helped me alot, but it still seems to bother me. I have tried working out, one of the biggest things that have helped is my hobby of cars. I was suggested therapy by one of my buddies. Just dont know were to start.
Thanks for the response!

Last edited:
Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

I knew a man who moved in with a woman and her child. He was an instant family. He adored them. And then she left him. And he was shattered. He was depressed and went to a doctor and got drugs. And then he couldn't get off the drugs.

DON'T DO THAT.

You are young. You have a whole life ahead of you. Your brain is shocked by the severe change is all.

K

kyles19191

I dont want to be on drugs, i have heard nothing but bad about those. Im only 20 I literally drank my self to sleep every night for 5 months just to sleep and finally realized when i wake up shes still not here and im still sad. The memory will never leave no matter how drunk i get. Which is good that i learned that. I know im in "shock" from the change but I kind of have realized it. But, im still in pain and im still sad. I have basically closed my self from alot of people in my life. Im scared to try something new with someone because im afraid of being hurt again