"What Did You DO All Day?" - How Many Of You Fear This Question?

N

NorasDad

Can you even answer it?

Can non-OCD people ever understand the truth?

C

cicatrix_alba

A lot of different DXs get asked this. They're very dismissive of the fact that when you're really bad you have to face the day a second at a time. Hard yakka.

N

NorasDad

My phobic friend and I have come to the conclusion that it's just pointless to try to explain to our partners what happens during our day. She and I understand it immediately but as I get better I realize that it's just impossible for a non-OCD/Anxiety mind to understand one without training.

C

Clark75

I can totally relate to this. I've been asked this many times. Not only do I not get bored during the day, I still feel like there are not enough hours or time in a typical day. Does anyone else feel like this?

Victorianna

Victorianna

I have the opposite problem. The day seems to take forever to get done! There are things to do around the house but I feel incapable of doing them.

C

Clark75

I guess the day seems to go fast for me, especially when I have something I have to do, or a place to go, that I am really dreading. My anxiety is also worst in the morning and slowly eases up a little as the night comes. I feel safer late at night, like the rest of the world is sleeping and I can relax a little - no one will call or knock on my door etc.

Victorianna

Victorianna

Yes, I do agree about the night being easier. I like it so much more when it’s dark and quieter, and not much is expected of you.

N

NorasDad

Wow, this is making me feel a lot better.

Thank you!!!!

S

Sazzie

Yesterday I couldn’t do a thing.
I was sitting looking at a mountain of washing and just couldn’t be bothered to brush my teeth.
I felt I would never be able to tackle anything and kept going to lie down .
Today I was like a different person and seemed to have such a different view of the world .
My ex is a lovely guy and worries about me but it is so terrible like torture when he shamed me by saying I’m not giving you money if you are going to spend it on drink.
This makes me feel awful my daughter looks at me in disgust.
When I’m hurting the way I cope is by reaching out for the bottle.it never works but insanely I try it time and time again.
If I could be like I felt today all the time it would be so much easier.
By the way I know what you mean about the night time. It’s made for people like us I think.
I know for me I feel less exposed and people can’t see my face and it just seems sometimes less stressful, although I do get night terrors from time to time and they can be really freaky.
I think we should all be entitled to cleaners to make life easier.
Your guys are probably just concerned about you when they say “ what have you done all day” , if only they could spend a day in your shoes, they would never utter them dreaded words again.

N

NorasDad

Sazzy, I hear you, darling.

Sometimes I just wake up, look at the house and think "how could this possibly have happened"?

Lately, I've really been concentrating on working on intrusive thoughts - thoughts that make me feel bad (or good sometimes) that I start to "ruminate" on.

Until you get proper medication, you're going to be terribly tempted to drink. People have no idea how much shame, guilt, panic and all the OCD baddies run your life. I know that I can be addicted to anything, so the thing I pick most is the thing with the least addiction potential: marijuana. It's legal in my state. Make no mistake, it has plenty of drawbacks, but they're gentler than drink. Make sure you truthfully monitor how much you drink FOR YOURSELF, ok? We don't want John Barleycorn sneaking up behind you.

Good luck and let us me know how you're doing!

S

Sazzie

Sazzy, I hear you, darling.

Sometimes I just wake up, look at the house and think "how could this possibly have happened"?

Lately, I've really been concentrating on working on intrusive thoughts - thoughts that make me feel bad (or good sometimes) that I start to "ruminate" on.

Until you get proper medication, you're going to be terribly tempted to drink. People have no idea how much shame, guilt, panic and all the OCD baddies run your life. I know that I can be addicted to anything, so the thing I pick most is the thing with the least addiction potential: marijuana. It's legal in my state. Make no mistake, it has plenty of drawbacks, but they're gentler than drink. Make sure you truthfully monitor how much you drink FOR YOURSELF, ok? We don't want John Barleycorn sneaking up behind you.

Good luck and let us me know how you're doing!

S

Sazzie

Thanks ever so much Norasdad,

Yep that John Barleycorn had me in his grips a few times.
I am going to start to meditate again, it helped me loads in the past.
Thanks for hearing my voice and acknowledging my plee to be understood.
I very grateful.