• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what did you do about your job?

J

jekel1

i was told i have bi polar1 a few weeks back and im still off work as i was put in hospital for 2 days and still dont feel like going back im on the full wack of olanazpine and 20mg of valium a day. what would be may choices ? i have good days but i have awful days too, so what did you do ?

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Put your health firdt at this stage and don't worry about work.
Take care.
KP:hug:

B

brandy32

i too was diaginosed in August and have been signed off work whilst I start my medicines. I have told my employer why.. indeed my sick note said it all really signed off with Bipolar Disorder.. under the disability discrimination act they cannot sack you or anything like that. My employer has been great I think that the fact I have been honest they have said that they do not want me back until I on the right meds and feeling stable. In fact they coming out to see me on Wednesday to see how I am and to offer any help...also when I go back I will go back on reduced hours initially (no drop in pay) and slowly build it up so that within three months I will be back to my normal hours.

Speak to your employer but do not go back until you are 110% as yo could make yourself ill again.. chin up(y):flowers:

dib4uk

dib4uk

Yes I totally 100 % agree do not return until you feel much better. Sick notes will be provided by your doctor/psychiatrist to send off to the ESA people etc.

Luckily enough Bi pola is covered by the disabilitiy discrimination act so they shouldn't force you back into work.

Get well hon :grouphug:

guggy

guggy

I was out of the workforce for well over a month after my diagnosis. I simply told them the truth about the whole thing and I didn't have any major problem with my employer, I'm still with the same company as before and a year has gone by.