• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What could this be?

C

Caprica6

Hey, I've been wondering if I might have some form of social anxiety or agoraphobia.

I've been having trouble for a while now but it's getting worse. I'm pretty much unable to leave the house unless I really have to (i.e work, a 10 min walk away) and I am quite anxious and extremely self-conscious once outside. Other times I want to go out somewhere but I can't make myself leave due to anxiety/ fear. I also find myself stuck in my room when I know there are other people around in the house even though I have no particular reason to avoid anyone. I don't seem to feel comfortable around people anymore. I struggle in social situations especially with people I don't know/ don't know well. I find myself unable to speak (I'm shy/ quiet anyway). I can rarely answer the door or my phone. I get really uncomfortable when anyone is watching or looking at me.

I don't have panic attacks. I'm mostly ok at work which involves being around a lot of people.

I'd just like to hear anyone's thoughts on this, any responses would be really appreciated :)

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Caprica.Welcome to the forum.
I think you should see your GP and discuss what you are experiencing.Maybe write everything down so you dont miss anything out.

C

Caprica6

Thanks olanza. I realise that is what I should probably do but the nature of the problem makes it difficult, especially as I don't currently have a GP where I am living.

S

starfish

caprica6

i have similar symtoms as you. it could well be anxiety. you can go to any drs surgery and be seen as a temporary resident. you just have to fill in a short form.