• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

What could be going on?

C

chameleon83

Hi,
I am very confused about what is happening with my mind. I feel like I have 8 different personalities that periodically take over my mind. However, I do not meet the criteria for DID and no one else knows when my personalities switch because I never act like any of my personalities- I sort of act like a bland version of myself that I invented years ago because I didn't know who I was. The four main traits that differ between my personalities are interests, level of extroversion, taste in music, and gender.
Does anyone have any idea what I might be dealing with?
Thanks!

B

bunny71

Honestly i have no idea, so this rply might be usless, but i felt the same for the longest time.

It was really confusing at the time and still sometimes is.. There are a few things i did, but they might not help u. I like drawing so i just drew the characters out and gave them names and stuff. you can do the same but writing or something. I also just stoped caring about what i did and decided to do what i felt at the moment.. Especially with the music thingy..

Its probably really confusing for you as well and we might not be going through the same thing, but i wantyou to know that you are not the only one.. You will find your way! :)

C

chameleon83

Honestly i have no idea, so this rply might be usless, but i felt the same for the longest time.

It was really confusing at the time and still sometimes is.. There are a few things i did, but they might not help u. I like drawing so i just drew the characters out and gave them names and stuff. you can do the same but writing or something. I also just stoped caring about what i did and decided to do what i felt at the moment.. Especially with the music thingy..

Its probably really confusing for you as well and we might not be going through the same thing, but i wantyou to know that you are not the only one.. You will find your way! :)
Thank you so much for your reply! I am really glad to know at least one other person can relate! :)

LittleMissNameless

LittleMissNameless

I used to separate out my intense emotional states. Distance myself from my extremes that are heavily controlled by emotion dysregulation
For example:
I had clingy over compassionate version
I had angry vindictive version
I had a sad and isolated version (which was different from my depression)
And I had a "General" who kept all these seperated emotional states in line when I NEEDED to function.
This extended into the music I'd listen to in each state or activities I enjoyed.
I've since learned that all these states/versions are all me and used to cope with my extremes that overwhelmed my whole mind and I'm responsible for them so to be compassionate I don't need to in that state.

I dont k ow if you experience it like this but it was a type of maladaptive coping skill.

Zero One

Zero One

Hmm I have schizoaffective disorder and different personalities present themselves but I am aware that it is not me. I also do not act according to the personalities .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Heidrun Personality Disorders Forum 4
R Personality Disorders Forum 2