• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what community mental health team?

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
about 3 months ago i had an appointment with my cpn and my phyciatrist they told me i had scitzophrenia they i said i didnt need a cpn that i neede therapy i got a course of about 10 cbt sessions and they told me that was all they could offer i then get told that i will have to put me on a year long waiting list with a trainee (which i dont mind) because my phyciatrist is leaving i've phoned my cpn hundreds of times and told her i need a cpn again and NOTHING ive been told i have scitzophrenia i have my drugs and a good family and boyfriend but quite honestly if it wasnt for them i would have killed myself when i look up scitzophrenia it scares the shit out of me i never wanted to be a textbook metally ill patient i need therapy, support centres and groups no one will help me! i'm going to the doctors on friday this is fucking ridiculous. THERAPY is desperately needed and no body gets what they deserve WHY ISNT SOMETHING DONE? why do mental health professionals pretend that the system works when IT DOESNT? why do so many mentally ill people live in hell when it could be prevented why dont they understnad that we dont need a nodding sympathy buddy to check we arent damaging ourseles many of us are intelligent human beings and KNOW that therapy AND medication is the best outcome for our illness. sort it out:mad:

A

Apotheosis

It's all quite ridiculous isn't it?

It took me close to 20 years to get 10 sessions with an NHS psychologist. So in that regard things have slightly improved.

Had I been given proper social support to help with certain issues; help with a drug problem, & certain living conditions, & had also proper psychological help been provided, when I originally had problems, then I very much doubt I would have had 2 decades of grief.

It can't be about cost - what is cheaper; to have had proper help originally & gone on to live a more productive life - or this; numerous hospitalisations, crisis after crisis, decades of illness & dependence on the state?

I don't fully understand why proper help is not given. It is plainly obvious what benefits the majority of people.

I tend to look at things with a wider lens; & that things have been the way that they are; because I am paying some kind of Karmic debt.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
karmic debt for how long?

the trouble with not giving people help is that they dont go away THEY suffer
i just cant believe the way they just point blank cut you off and THEY know it wrong TOO they just tut tut and talk about funds as if theyre victims too like oh i know my phyciatrist said i was preaching to the converted i think thats why shes leaving shes sees that the system is wrong and after all shes a qualified phycologist who can blame her for not sticking around they COULD speak out about it they could try and do something but from hat ive seen theyre quite happy drinking tea and eating sandwhiches.

A

Apotheosis

It's a fine & valid point that you make my friend; I think it's called paying lip service; & I hope that for most of them there is Karma, if not in this life - then the next.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Nowadays when i phone up the emergency social services no and they tell me to phone the police i agree sack the lot of them and use the money to give the police mental illness training so they can deal with me and the problems better

As one psychiatrist said i basically hate services, i'd just rather they were honest about being a waste of space