• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What can you all tell me about borderline personality disorder

C

confused-123

I'm so confused right now. I told my doctor a brief overview of my feelings and she seems to think i may be bipolar or have borderline personality disorder, so she has referred me for a pysc analysis. Basically my moods are so rapid I fleet from one extreme to the other, feeling verry elevated and invincable one minute, then something triggers (normally some form of slight rejection) and I'm at the next extreme which entails depression, crying, explosive anger on myself like punching walls, screaming and self harming. I feel like a needy freak, I hate being alone and try everything to have friends with me and if they can't I automatically feel like they hate me and I'm not good enough to be their friend or that they simple don't care about me at all. I don't want to be like this, I've self harmed since i was about 13, but over the years it's gotten worse, luckily it only seems to occur when I'm very angry or upset rather than a daily thing. I just want to know about BPD from people who have it and who know the score. I don't want to come across as some kind of hypocondriac I just want to know if someone is actually wrong with me ?

C

Ciarak

BDP

Hi I may not be much use to you now as I have only been recently diagnosed with BDP, I had the same experience where my Doctor originally thought I was bipolar, the psych mentioned that group therapy helps but I think it can take up to years to recover from. I was recommended to read 'Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified by Robert O Friedel', gives a good basic understanding. Wait till you get a proper full diagnosis though.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
2 I want to tell him I hate him.. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
L How to tell when someone is joking or not/improve social cues ? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
EarthChild I was so stupid to tell my sister in law that i want to leave my husband Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
F i want to tell my psychiatrist i am in love with her Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
Bckbhrmomma Please tell me I’m not the only one?! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
M Relationships when you have borderline personality disorder. Are you really polyamorous/ENM or is it just the borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
dubblemonkey borderline hope Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
R Breakup Between a Codependent Borderline and a Narcissistic Meth Addict.... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
Gethsemane comorbid borderline schizoid. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
T Do you think i have Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
C Understanding the Borderline Mother book question Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Koi1971 I've never met another borderline Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
trueloveseeker Love Relationships With Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
J Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
EarthChild Does borderline cause lack of motivation? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
Pandora420 Sh as a form of relief for Borderline Rage? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
EarthChild Is this borderline? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
EarthChild My pdoc told me i have borderline Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
G Borderline and OCD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
TheEagle15 Whats borderline personality disorder like? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
C I think I have borderline Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
O Can you have strong psychosis with Borderline Personality Disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 45
Jahjah Opinions? Could I have borderline personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
TheEagle15 What is Personality disorder? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
Z More than one personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
S Personality Transformation with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
W I push everyone (romantic interests) away with my intense personality Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
S Having personality amnesia (is this a real phenomena?) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
J What BPD personality trait troubles you the most? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
S Schizotypol personality disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
LittleMissNameless Why are they called Personality Disorders? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13