• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

what can the crisis team actually do?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Ok so I'm struggling, really struggling, this little girl is getting more and persistent that I follow her over the road, I think she wants me hit by a car.
This morning I've seen a nurse at the drs who couldn't prescribe diazepam which I wanted as it might help. She told me to wait for the quetiapine to kick in. So I go to the walk in centre, they also refused me diazepam just phoned the crisis team

SarahD

SarahD

Sorry you are struggling. Probably the crisis team will give you diazepam. They seem more relaxed about handing it out. And try to calm you by talking.

I hope they can help.xxxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Thanks sarahD,
I'm seeing them tomorrow at half twelve, I'll try to be honest with them about what I'm experiencing x

Passionflower

Passionflower

If you tell them exactly what unusual experiences you are having then I am sure they will support you and certainly look at your medication options.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Well I saw them today, she was fine just fired questions at me whilst I stared at my feet!
They want me back in tomorrow and said they will monitor me for 72 hours whatever that means?!?!?!

Passionflower

Passionflower

I assume they want you in hospital for 72 hours? Maybe that's a good thing as they will really get an idea of how difficult things are for you at the moment.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi well I'm still on home visits, daily. I told him today I didn't want them here anymore then he went to get someone else and she persuaded me to have 1 more visit - I agreed but think I'll cancel it, I just don't find then helpful.
When in their presence I just curl up inside myself, unable to communicate positively and just look at my feet. Does anyone else do this? My friend had a right nag at my outside, saying they'll lock me up if I act like that around them!

Passionflower

Passionflower

It can be difficult talking to the crisis team as they are nearly always virtual strangers and change each time you see them. I feel that they are looking for certain answers so I get stressed as I usually just want to talk about my depression but they usually want to talk about my 'delusions' and 'voices'. I do find them helpful after awhile when we have both learned about each others way of communicating, but that can take a bit of time to happen.
I doubt they will lock you up, but they will probably get worried about you and try to see you more times.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Just wanted to say i'm sorry you've not exactly found them helpful.

You know what, i've been seen by the crisis team a number of times over the years, and I still don't know what they actually do. :unsure:
They seem to come in, ask a few questions and then go. Nothing else really happens.

I agree that it's hard to open up to them or know what to say.
As crawlspace said, they are essentially strangers and sometimes it's as if they're looking for a 'right' answer.
Personally I think they're a waste of time. :shrug:

Anyway, if you cancel the appointment and decide you no longer want to see them, I hope you can find something else that's going to help you make it through.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Well I be just seen the crisis team again, I actually got a decent bloke! He was fab and I really managed to open up to him and was honest in how I wasn't coping and what was happening. He wasn't all your worthy and a good person, he listened and seem to understand me, didn't seem to judge .
So, I have to see them on Wednesday and the pdoc too - the duty one.

Passionflower

Passionflower

Oh I am pleased for you! Now maybe they can really help you and get to the bottom of what's going on for you.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Yes I hope so too!
I am a little worried that it's a trick, that they're going to lock me up or make me take meds that I don't want?
Today though I'm busy trying to do normal stuff - visiting my grandad as it's his birthday on Friday.
Just keep swimming....just keep swimming x

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

So, I saw the c team again today, rubbish complete waste of my already waste of a life time.
The woman just kept agreeing with me - are you eating? To which I replied yes too much - me too was her response! Are you sleeping - more revelations about her sleep routine! Then she asked if I could keep safe until our next appointment, and would I ring if needed I said no, she responded - no I wouldn't either!!!!!