• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What can I do ?

H

happymomma99

I have been reading a lot about binge eating disorder and I think I have this. I went on a eating disorder website to ask for advice and they suggested I speak to my GP. What I would like to know is what practical things can I do to stop the binge eating ? What is discussed in CBT sessions to help people ? Are there specific techniques to try. I feel so unhappy but can not stop this eating I am stuck in a circle. Thanks for your time.

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You can study how sugar effects our brains the part of it that deals with self- control . I avoid all foods with sugar in it which is pretty hard cause they put it in everything . Then you can realize anything negative can be overcome with positive .I get up everyday and do positive affirmations 1 hr. and in the evenings . Then you can also realize with any additions it isn't the real you . Its like a computer program in our minds .The more attention we give it the more stronger it gets and when we can feel that urge we can dismiss it knowing this isn't really us .

H

happymomma99

That was kind of you to take the time to reply. Positive affirmations are something I have actually being thinking about but couldn’t find much online about what to actually do. Do I make a list of things to be grateful or happy about each day ?

A

Am33

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Just google 50 powerful affirmations for women .I also found Eating disorder affirmations - Mirasol eating disorder recovery . I found they work best if when you say them out loud you try and pull the words of the page with your eyes into your heart gives it more meaning .

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

binging can be caused by dieting. eventually the body revolts and wants the weight back.

better to very slowly evolve the diet to a better state

junk food is a drug, best to avoid that all together. it throws the brain out of balance. eating well is alot easier when the brain has forgotten what junk food tastes like.