• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what can i do untill the crisis team come?

J

jekel1

i was told i have bi polar 1 yesterday , the doctor said it would be best if i went into hospital for a few days but i refused he gave me mood stabilizers and Valium , i took them and feel asleep at 6pm now i only just woken up, now im back manic again i rang the crisis team and they said they cant get here til 2pm but i feel so bad , i dont want to take the tablets as they make me sleep. do yo think i should ask to go int o hospital? i have to much energy now and could scream. im i ever going to right again?:mad:

T

typicallypop

hey so sorry you're bad at mo. I was diagnosed with bipolar 1bout 2 weeks ago.
hug.
ru feeling any better than when you posted? x

J

jekel1

crisis team cause crisis

just had visit from so called crisis team , they were so un helpful, telling me to read a book and go for a walk, they also said the psychiatric doctor i saw yesterday couldnt possibly say i have bp after just one visit , they were here for like 10 mins. now im worried after all my fighting to get seen see will report back and say im fine, then they will not take me seriously. shes coming again in the morning. sick of this .saying its more like depression ! how the hell would she know? now i feel stressed and confused, can she get the psychiatric doctor to change his mind? then i wont get the help i need.

K

Katie84

The crisis team near me are just the same, dont worry i only saw my physchiatrist once and she made a diagnosis of bipolar, i cant help with the manic episodes i used to clean to keep my hands busy and play music as loud as i could to try and keep my mind busy singing along and rode it out until i started my medication.

Have you got a friend who can nip around to talk to you to keep you busy?

Hope your ok x

C

Cameron Vale

Bi Polar Disorder

Hi Jekal 1

I have suffered from this mental health disorder for quite some time! The first thing not to do is panic! The reason your GP wants to put you in Hospital is for evaluation reasons, that is all. Do not be afraid, I have been to psychiatric hospital when ever I suffer with either mania or depression. I was given a bed, met some interesting people and fed three times a day! If you are suffering from the mania, you need to keep to the med dose your GP gave you! Do not be afraid of the hospital, phone your GP up and tell him yu wish to be admitted! Trust me on this one!

Good Luck

Cameron Vale :)