What are you thinking about right now? (mental health related)

fazza

fazza

Hi. Yes iv recently doubled my dose of fluoxetine....I also suffer from anxiety so I guess it could be that too x
In that case you are best speaking to your doctor if it does not improve. Akathisia is bloody awful. It can affect your sleep and make you feel like your anxiety is getting worse when in fact it is the meds causing the problem. Don't stop taking them but I would see about making an appointment

L

Lilac

Although boss didn't specify how or by whom boss said I am abused.

fazza

fazza

Ah the site seems to be down at the moment. I will look for a different version.

fazza

fazza

Akathisia - Wikipedia

@Sara_1978

The information on this page is not as good but if you scroll down to causes you will see Fluoxetine is listed as an ssri that can cause Akathisia.

Hopefully the other site will be back up soon as it contains more real examples of it

S

Sara_1978

Thanks. Just had a read and yes it all sounds very familiar!
It’s just difficult to know if it’s that or just general symptoms of anxiety?
Worth looking into more tho, thanks.

fazza

fazza

Yes it is difficult. I had it really bad in 2009 whilst on depixol. At the hospital they thought my anxiety and agitation that was getting worse was down to psychosis. After 2 weeks of increasing my meds they finally realised that it was the drug causing the anxiety symptoms and took me off it.

It took a while to get it out of my system and it was truly horrible.

I am on different meds now. I still suffer with anxiety but not the inner restlessness of akathesia.

I literally could not keep still. Every time I sat I instantly stood up. I could not lie down and was pacing none stop. It was hell. Everything annoyed me.

Hopefully for you things will settle down once you get used to the new dose.

All the best

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
All sorts of worrying stuff. Best keep busy.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

oh dear a really crap day- a significant anniversary..that i had even 'forgot' cant really talk to folk irl as who wants to listen?:sleep:

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

this ship is going down but there are still the decks to clean and polish mildred