What are you thinking about right now? (mental health related)

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
Mayfair, as a meditator, I will have to disagree with you, it requires training but it is really that simple. To paraphrase Mooji - "Your thoughts are like a friend that when you go out on the town with them you come home in a police car!".
Yes, all people different. I can't do this. My comments were purely subjective, and more based on myself. I think worth sharing thoughts though, that's why I use internet.

Parayana

Parayana

I think soul's meds have kicked in, so I'll give it twenty minutes to see if he comes back and then meditate. Soul, matie if your up in a bit I'll be around.

L

Lunar Lady

I think soul's meds have kicked in, so I'll give it twenty minutes to see if he comes back and then meditate. Soul, matie if your up in a bit I'll be around.
I think they returned his call...but he'll be shattered by now, after strong antihistamine.

Soul - crawl into bed, sweetie, if you're tired. Hopefully, your phone call has helped.

I'm around for another half an hour x

L

Lilac

Mum asked me if her bff was alright and when I said I didn't know mum thought this was weird but mum never asks me how I am because she doesn't. want me to be well. Her bff was not alright but you couldn't ask, her face was as black as thunder and her mood was appalling. She's one of those people to whom whatever you do is not correct and is liable to bring on a rage from mum's bff plus mum's bff once hit one of her colleagues at work and doesn't like people going out.

L

Lilac

Sadly they are not alright.

Amorerose

Amorerose

Thinking about my awkward response to "what's up" at work. Sometimes I really don't know how to respond to that. It seems obvious that they would know the answer, with the fact that I am coming into work and nothing is going on, aside from that. But I realize it is a common greeting and that I am way too literal at times.

Parayana

Parayana

How are you today @soulsearcher, your crisis team seems about as useless as the one here in Notts.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

How are you today @soulsearcher, your crisis team seems about as useless as the one here in Notts.
Still half asleep so can't tell yet,
Yea absolutely useless

You'd think they'd have the decency to ring....

You got any sleep mate?

Parayana

Parayana

Not yet matie, guzzling relentless to stay awake until later. Going to play some ESO in a bit, if I'm still awake later might go the Buddhist centre for meditation drop in.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

Not yet matie, guzzling relentless to stay awake until later. Going to play some ESO in a bit, if I'm still awake later might go the Buddhist centre for meditation drop in.
How often do you go to the Buddhist centre?

Do you have to wear anything in particular or just anything?

What's ESO stand for?

Parayana

Parayana

I don't go that often really, you don't have to wear anything but I better find some clean socks as you take your shoes off. I've done about an hours meditation in 20 to 30 minute sessions last night. ESO is Elder Scrolls Online. I'm seriously thinking about going to stay at a monastery for a bit though.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I don't go that often really, you don't have to wear anything but I better find some clean socks as you take your shoes off. I've done about an hours meditation in 20 to 30 minute sessions last night. ESO is Elder Scrolls Online. I'm seriously thinking about going to stay at a monastery for a bit though.
Yea that's like that in a mosque too

Hate it when I get to the mosque and realize I've got a hole in my socks lol

Yea heard of the game but never played it

Staying in a monastery that sounds cool, what sort of stuff would you do there?

Do you have to pay to stay there?

Parayana

Parayana

@soulsearcher, you don't have to pay but they appreciate a donation as Buddhist monks don't have money - they live off what they are given by the lay community (or at least that's the way it works in Theravada - the rules are slightly different for the other schools). When there you read, meditate and discuss the teachings.

Parayana

Parayana

You woke up any yet, matie. How are you feeling today.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

@soulsearcher, you don't have to pay but they appreciate a donation as Buddhist monks don't have money - they live off what they are given by the lay community (or at least that's the way it works in Theravada - the rules are slightly different for the other schools). When there you read, meditate and discuss the teachings.
That sounds really cool

How long do you normally stay for?

Giving donations puts less pressure on the individual too

Parayana

Parayana

It depends, I'm thinking just 3 or 4 days to begin with as it means getting up at 3.30 in the morning for chanting and meditation.