What are you thinking about right now? (mental health related)

Topcat

Topcat

Are you in the UK?

Your City Council will have a department called 'Welfare Rights'. When I was extremely ill, my home admin went completely awry - I had unopened mail sat gathering dust on the hall table..bills unpaid and no finger on my own financial pulse. I went into 'Ostrich syndrome' - it was just easier to bury my head in the sand than actually look at my balance or open the letters requesting payments. I ended up frozen - too scared to tackle it and too worried about it to relax. I contacted Welfare Rights and explained I was ill and not thinking straight. They were brilliant. Had an appointment with a lady who went through my finances with a tooth comb and helped me set up payment arrangements for some larger bills. We worked out a budget and she took me under her wing for three months - extremely supportive and kind. They do a wonderful job for free - providing the same services without charge as debt counsellors and groups like CAP.

I would recommend it, Funk. When you're deeply depressed, it's easy to feel overwhelmed and for things to get out of control. Such a relief to know you are organised and solvent - and it's good to have someone to be open and frank with about it. :hug:
Thanks. I'm constantly on it, up to date etc, just not enough money coming in. As soon as I juggle something to help a bit I get kicked back with a bigger increase in outgoings from somewhere. The latest is our council tax changed the way they worked out benefits, the new way I need to magic up an extra £100 a month. We're trying hard to pay off debts (most on 0% interest) so have repayments set high to try and pay off within 0% timeframe. So technically could have lots extra per month, but will never ever get rid of this fkin debt. I've run through debt advice sites and they say to do what we're doing is the best thing.
I've just changed a couple of things to try and stop unnecessary spending, so will have to give it a couple of months to see if it helps or hinders. Just so sick of it.

L

Lunar Lady

Thanks. I'm constantly on it, up to date etc, just not enough money coming in. As soon as I juggle something to help a bit I get kicked back with a bigger increase in outgoings from somewhere. The latest is our council tax changed the way they worked out benefits, the new way I need to magic up an extra £100 a month. We're trying hard to pay off debts (most on 0% interest) so have repayments set high to try and pay off within 0% timeframe. So technically could have lots extra per month, but will never ever get rid of this fkin debt. I've run through debt advice sites and they say to do what we're doing is the best thing.
I've just changed a couple of things to try and stop unnecessary spending, so will have to give it a couple of months to see if it helps or hinders. Just so sick of it.
It's tough. I've had months in the past when I was 'robbing Peter to pay Paul'. And this is always the time when the washing machine packs up or the car suddenly needs repairs :doh:

I drummed up a significant amount of extra cash doing car boot sales - children's toys, unwanted clothes and all sorts of forgotten paraphernalia hidden in the attic. Anything the kids have outgrown that you can sell on Gumtree or boot sale for a little extra might ease the pinch. x

L

Lilac

Everyone thinks it is fair to be unfair to me they also think it is fair for everyone to hate me. There is nothing I can do to change that.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

what a difference to how it was this time last year. such a sizemic changes. oh and the grave yard shift that visits every weekend

L

Lilac

I can prove my family don't want me to be well.

A guy once told me of a place he had worked where the staff had to strain the milk before serving it.

Another guy once said after having a child that it is survival of the fittest. It's not survival of the nicest then.

L

Lilac

He says he only does it for the money I bet I can prove him wrong.

Topcat

Topcat

I'm thinking about how much I'm sick of my job, being taken for a mug, being needed all the time, having no life, if everyone's financial survival didn't depend entirely on me I would do a disappearing act.
Maybe it's all done by design so I go nowhere. I'm being worn down so I comply.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

How are you Blacksmoke?

Settled down after the move? :hug:
ah the move still got the up keep of the garden to do until the contracts are signed. at least my bro has sorted out a mower and someone to mow so just the weeding to do as its a big garden and its like a wild jungle as i have not been able to get to it for one reason or another.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

It must be :hug:

Are you having a tough evening?
yeah you could say that. even after a lovely time away but it was complicated and tricky at times if it wasnt for such a nice bunch of folk that i meet up with.

makes me realise how alone i am.

L

Lunar Lady

yeah you could say that. even after a lovely time away but it was complicated and tricky at times if it wasnt for such a nice bunch of folk that i meet up with.

makes me realise how alone i am.
I think, sometimes, we can be in company and feel a desperate need for space. Then when we are alone, we miss the company.

It's hard when you've been away and come home to an empty place.