• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What are the tell tale signs of Bipolar?

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Excuse me if I come across as a bit uneducated about Bipolar. I’d like other people’s input and views.

For years now, I’ve suffered with depression. After recent events, I am contemplating getting reassessed, as I actually suspect that I may have some kind of Bipolar.

A few times I have been really low and then can suddenly watch a clip on YT, and cry with laughter. Then after ages of giggling uncontrollably, I sink back to either ok, or the state I was in.

Other times I experience my mind rushing from one great idea to the next, only to just think later on, I can’t be bothered. Or the idea gets forgotten.

Also on occasion, I’ve been really full of the joys, like I’m high on life, but the feeling doesn’t seem to last. Only a couple of hours.

Are these signs?
I also ask as my cousin who I don’t see much suffers with Bipolar.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Alanr, how long does these episodes last and how frequent do they occur?

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It’s swings and roundabouts. The episodes happen say twice a week, then not happen at all for a couple of weeks. Each episode can last between half an hour to maybe 3.

Again, it’s swings and roundabouts.

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I forgotten to mention that the slightest thing can make me angry and lose my temper. Even the silliest of things.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I'm not sure if it's bipolar, the epsiodes usually lasts a bit longer, although there may be periods of normalcy or depression even during hypomania. You may be experiencing some sort of rapid cycling or mixed episode. If I were you I would go to a professional to be evaluated, there are many other mental health issues besides bipolar that may have similar symptoms so I think it's important to have it checked out just in case.

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I feel for my Wife and Daughter because of what I go through.

A

alanr5682

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I feel for my Wife and Daughter because of what I go through.
Bipolar, and mental illness in general can be very hard on your loved ones that's one of the reasons one should always seek out help to get proper treatment. Medication and therapy can greatly help alleviate many of ones problems in most cases.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Having an understanding of ones condition can help you find coping mechanisms. It is important to be open with your loved ones about your feelings and situation, you need support and they need to understand what's happening so they can better help you and educate themselves on how to cope with your illness.