What are The Seven Cardinal Sins ? ?

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth.

I don't think sloth may be a fair sin since it could include people who are just simply depressed which may be because of a poor childhood or chemical imbalance. Through no fault of their own they may have sloth.

Interestingly, the Buddhist list Five Poisons. As I recall these were anger, greed, lust, jealousy and ego.

Jbb79

Jbb79

According to the standard list, they are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth.

I don't think sloth may be a fair sin since it could include people who are just simply depressed which may be because of a poor childhood or chemical imbalance. Through no fault of their own they may have sloth.

Interestingly, the Buddhist list Five Poisons. As I recall these were anger, greed, lust, jealousy and ego.
Yea, Disease is Not Sin, Mental problems are real, and Formidable challenges, For the Human species <3 <3

Jbb79

Jbb79

I Think sin is An interesting Topic, Not to condemn any-one, but some-times help one lead More productive lives - - Greed might make some-one neglect family, or own health - Talking about it in Constructive ways, Non-condemning, Is a Good idea x

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Last edited:
H

harsh-reality

I hate the word sin. Its a word designed to shame.

None of us are perfect - we all have our weaknesses - be it anger, disinterest, lust, greed, jealousy, perfectionism or whatever to be honest.

I try hard but I fail in some areas sometimes but we all do and as long as we are aiming to be nice , kind and giving - if on occasions we are not - and we "SIN" - learn from it but yes definitely be lot kinder to self - if we consider every mistake we make to be "SIN" its going to massively impact our self esteem !!!

I should know I am a total a - hole to myself on a very regular basis but I seem to allow others to walk all over me and be as nasty as can be yet their "SIN" is forgiven and mine is not by ME

Not a fan of the word - very churchy !!!!!

Just be who you are - never knowingly upsetting others and try your best - if you miss the mark sometimes - hey ho - we all do so as my favourite saying goes recently - "C'est la vie"

Mayfair

Mayfair

bold:

and the others are?

:scratch:

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

I hate the word sin. Its a word designed to shame.

None of us are perfect - we all have our weaknesses - be it anger, disinterest, lust, greed, jealousy, perfectionism or whatever to be honest.

I try hard but I fail in some areas sometimes but we all do and as long as we are aiming to be nice , kind and giving - if on occasions we are not - and we "SIN" - learn from it but yes definitely be lot kinder to self - if we consider every mistake we make to be "SIN" its going to massively impact our self esteem !!!

I should know I am a total a - hole to myself on a very regular basis but I seem to allow others to walk all over me and be as nasty as can be yet their "SIN" is forgiven and mine is not by ME

Not a fan of the word - very churchy !!!!!

Just be who you are - never knowingly upsetting others and try your best - if you miss the mark sometimes - hey ho - we all do so as my favourite saying goes recently - "C'est la vie"
We are all sinners who have all sin. No one is perfect and that shouldn't be a excuse to act a fool either. However, we all have the illusion of freewill and can choose to not change or to change our minds.

How about the word imperfectly perfectly flawed?

Last edited:
Jbb79

Jbb79