• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what are the high´s like?

S

Saturn21

Ok so the thing is that i was diagnosed bipolar but a different psychiatrist said It was an acute episode of psychosis so my question is what are the highs like? so far I´ve only got the inspiration to writte. to writte about anything. but is that considered a high? because ive heard people´s highs and they are really productive which Im not. hope you get what I just writte. :)

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I think it can manifest differently in different people and the intensity also varies depending upon what tyope of bipolar you have. I have type 2 so my highs aren't that extreme. I tend to get very engaged in a certain subject like a hobby or certain topics. I spend a lot of money. I get very social and want to hang out with people all the time. I have difficulty focusing on a conversation and may change subjects on the fly. I quickly bore of a subject and find something else to obsess about. I have loads of ideas but can't focus on any one so I have tons of unfinished projects. Sometimes I manage to focus my energy into something positive like work.

M

markprosso538

Myself as well UpnDwn1978. I think there's varying degrees or intensities, frequencies, and durations for different people. I had seen people high on cocaine and for me it's kind of similar to that, the behaviors. Everything that I want to do feels and is the best idea, it's all going to work out. I'm more introverted and am very conscienous about it, usually after I start talking I'll try to dial it back but sometimes its hard. When I'm around the right people, it is great. But if I'm around people that I don't jive with, I'd rather lock myself in my room and do different things to occupy myself. So then it will be jumping from hobby to hobby. I'll sign up on datint sites, online classes, investment spending, and other things just on a whim. Then after time, get bored and lost all interest. So for me it's impusliveness/racing thoughts/insomnia. "High" I don't think is the way I would always put it because at least for me sometimes it can be extremely painful emotionally.

A

Art78

Maybe you just had a freak out session of psychosis? Artist go through times of increased creativity. And staying up late wrapped in their art. Just a thought. I also think with bipolar every mania is in different forms. Sometimes I'll be up all hours painting, or cleaning, or terrible nights at bars, or sleeping with horrible ex, or spending tons of money, or saying scary over the top talk, or think I'm on to spiritual mysteries. That's why I tended to not see it. Do you have intensified low moods as well?