• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What are the early symptoms

T

TRjames

Hi there everyone, I recently have been diagnosed with clinical depression, anxiety disorder and hyper Sensitivity, My doctor has put me on 2.5mg of Olanzapine to help with the Anxiety and a few other things, i was just wondering though what are the early symptoms of schizophrenia because my doc thinks im showing early symptoms... What are some of the early symtoms you guys experienced. The thing is i have not heard any voices or seen things that are not their. Thanks fot your time and support Tom

T

TRjames

Any one... Sorry to be pushy just wanting to find out that's all

D

dreambuggieII

knowledge and information is vital for every person diagnosed with a MH probelm.

The DSM, has quite a few entries for schizophrenia, as they too have subsets.

I graduated to schizophrenia, from drug induced psychosis - then following 5 relapses this has been label (I call it the grand daddy) was finally given.

I would pick up a few books - anything from a survivors rendidtion from chipmunka, or anything you can find on the web. Do inform yourself.
Just wanted to say also, psychosis is very closely related to schizophrenia, but labels aside, if you equip yourself with knowledge - as you're doing here. You'll have a better chance of spotting the "shift" yourself.

Its very contentious, as people argue we have little awareness of being nuts. Having been well then ill, well then ill. I've become better at homing myself - not perfect - but better.

Surviving Schizophrenia - Is a good read.

Bare bone clincial facts knowledge - I would pick up a nice thick manual a psych doc would use.

I think people who experience schizophrenia have an array of symtoms. Not following a definitive pattern. As it varies from individual to individual. Psych docs veer on giving you a diagnoses based on common symptoms - which you will find in the DSM.

Never looked at the book myself - but ought to.

good luck

T

TRjames

thanks for the reply dreambuggie, any one else??

H

hubycyg

Symptoms of Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia is a brain disorder that affects the way a person acts, thinks, and sees the world.People with schizophrenia have an altered perception of reality, often a significant loss of contact with reality. They may see or hear things that don’t exist, speak in strange or confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them, or feel like they’re being constantly watched.

http://the-symptoms-of-depression.blogspot.com

F

Frings

For me the main early symptom was paranoia which really kicked in when I was about 16, also depression and difficulty/anxiety in social situations.

T

TRjames

Thanks Frings and the rest of you who replied, its great having you guys there for support any others who would like to explain there early symptoms...
Thanks again tom :hug: