What are the chances.....?

coffee

coffee

What are the chances that my pretty useless psychiatrist (who is discharging me soon anyway) will write a report that supports my DLA claim?

Got a letter from DWP this morning giving me an update on my DLA claim - they are writing to my CPN/psychiatrist to get a report.

Problem being is that she never listens to what I have to say and half the stuff I have put in the application (like the disscociation) she just ignores whenever I bring it up.

And why am I getting worked up over this when I knew it was going to happen? I knew that she would probably be the reason I get refused DLA and that I should have written to them with the 2nd opinion drs details, seeing as he listened more.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Coffee,

try to relax and think this is out of your hands for now - if the psych doesn;t write a letter and you get turned down you can always appeal, although I know this isn;t ideal. I always get worked up too, its natural. Please try not to let it get you down - you aren;t on your own

(((hugs))))
KS

coffee

coffee

Thanks.

Stupid emotions! I have a real urge to call the CMHT and find out if she has the letter from DWP yet and to ask if I can see the report before she sends it - do you think they will do that?

delatext

delatext

your medical support is all you and all Doctors have a duty of care to you, can you see or write to CPN/psychiatrist asking them to take heed of your concerns ?
If they ignore you , say you may have to contact the http://www.gmc-uk.org/
to voice your concerns about possible mistreatment

coffee

coffee

Tried calling them last week when I got the letter and couldn't even get it to ring, the phone was permanently engaged. Just tried to call to find out if a) they have the request b) if they have replied and c) can I see a copy - to be told that my dr is not in this week (she only works 2 days a week anyway) so I will need to wait till next week to talk to her.

Next week is my last appointment with her as they are discharging me (against the normal procedures) as I have been to a few group therapy sessions. My last appointment was for all of 5 mins so I don't know what this one will be like or even if she will bother filling in the form as they are getting shot of me :mad: the CMHT here really annoy me!

I'm not functioning well enough at the moment to fight them on anything, however my Mum may get involved and give me a hand - I think she has already looked into reporting the consultant there to the GMC and my partner has already put in a complaint again him.

Last edited:
Fluffymum

Fluffymum

Sounds really crappy hun, why does it have to be so hard, I'll never work it out. Can you write down ervything that is happening to you so you have evidence so to speak, it'll be clearer for you then too x

coffee

coffee

Yeah I have been keeping a note of when I get out, if I go alone and where and also how often I get out of bed, shower, eat etc without prompting (or constant nagging which is more usual!) - well I keep note of that stuff when I remember to do it (my memory is shot!)

My last appointment is tomorrow (I thought it was thursday) so I will ask her about it then - assuming I get more than 5 mins this time!!

J

john1

Your psych sounds crap, one wonders what some of them do to justify their salaries. I remember last year when I had a breakdown and was diagnosed they kept offering to complete a DLA form for me, everytime they gave me one i just put it in the bin. Eventually I accepted how ill i was and filled it in and my psych report must have been good as I got it.

Problem is i have a different psych now and am unsure about him and with the "changes" in benefits coming up and reassessments its hard not to worry. That is awful that your psych did not do you justice in the report, you deserve better. Hope it works out.