• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What are the chances advanced telepathy is real?

Daybreak

Daybreak

By "advanced telepathy" I mean what it would be like if humans could those who hear voices in their head, were actually communicating with real people. I was watching a video about a monk called Ajahn Chahn, where others said he could read their minds. Other monks have claimed that certain monks can read mind. What are the chances that advanced telepathy is real, if this is coming from famous monks who took on the precept not to lie? Here's the video:

Are they lying, are simply not considering all the possibilities or is there chance that mind reading is real? Something else I found to be interesting is the concept of "Brain Net" in which you exchange not only information, but emotions:

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

it could well be real but im not sure i believe it unless someone could prove it.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Emotions for humans are like binary for computers

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

Donovan Stephenson (was EdEd)

All I know is that when I believed what I was experiencing some sort of telepathy my thoughts were horrendous... I like the path you're on though , it's important to explore all the possibilities. Thanks for sharing this with us , your theories are always interesting. @Daybreak
I find it highly possible but not very likely.(My Personal Opinion)

Funnyday

Funnyday

Moths are telepathic up to about 1.5 metres. I've experienced telepathy myself. Where I have heard what someone is about to say before they said it.

E

EclipticNight

While i cant prove its not real so far evidence points to it being prediction and intuition. Heres how complex it would be to read a mind.

Your brain is a massive net of cells shooting electric signals. Basic functions are all the same however things like language and memory are built by the person so for each person that net is unique, but always in the same spot of the brain. In order to read a mind you would have to somehow pick up that signal through the skull and skin, through the air and into your mind. Then you would have to translate what they thought into the same thing for you, but without any translation ability. At that point does the voice you hear sound like the person or your own mind? The complexity is astounding.

The brain is capable of other feats of seeming magic. The slightest muscle twitches, body language, instinctively tells up how another is feeling or thinking. We translate this without thinking and gain the ability to highly accurately guess what someone will do. Just like in poker games. Your eyes can betray your thoughts easilly. If you add religion or superstition to the mindset the person feels capable of the supernatural.

MarieRose

MarieRose

I can do it communicate telepathically.My sister and I communicated that way and we know each other can do it.Its not unusual or out of the ordinary if you are aware of the chakras and the third eye and how the pineal gland works.The powers that be don't want us able to use our higher powers they want us totally in the material world and only using our five senses.