• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what are some noises that you are sensitive too?

A

atlantis

i thought this would be an interesting question.

are their any noises that just make you really angry when you hear them?. even irritable for no reason at all?

i have some:

baby crying

any type of alarm

dog barking

lawn mower

anybody else...?

amathus

amathus

Chairs being pushed on a stone floor under the table.. triggers me from past events.

Too much chatter / noise in a restaurant.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Car alarms, especially if the owner is away from the vehicle, and they go off for any length of time. But the noise that irritates me the most at the moment, is my DVD player. For some reason, when it's playing, it will periodically make a loud sort of vibrating/whirring sound, and it really interferes with my ability to enjoy the film :curseyou:

coldwater00

coldwater00

I really hate noisy restaurants too.

I also hate lawnmowers. I always associate it with spending days in bed with migraines as a child. Dark room, window open, all I could hear was people mowing their lawns. Irritating.

I also really hate the noise that HGV's make when they go past my house, and the way the house rattles.

I also hate the noise that fluorescent strip lights make when you turn them on, that tinkly/crackly noise and then the buzzing afterwards.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Aeroplanes, helicopters, sirens, loud music, people arguing and shouting, fire alarms, drilling, malicious laughter, balloons popping, the back gate banging, motor vehicles, the washing machine spin cycle, reversing vehicle warning noise, auto-tune in songs and metal cooking utensils scrapping against metal cookware to name a few.

SarahD

SarahD

Any noisy crowded place, makes me panicky. My hearing isn't 100 per cent so a noisy restaurant is impossible, I can't hear what people say to me, and I can't hear the music above the loud talking enough to tell what song they are playing. It is just loud confusion.

Drilling, building works nearby that go on and on. Dogs left home alone all day barking.

M

mooncat

Everything as even before meds have heightend sences.Now everything.I can even hear the snails moving around in the ivy bush at night if i sit outside.people talking in the field opposite walking there dogs.Too much feels like im eves dropping but im not trying too.I guess the on the bus is worst.i can here every single conversation.My god the grannys say some funny stuff.the otherday one,said."oh i aint never seen rain like that before" why was it pink with white spots..

Passionflower

Passionflower

People making slopping noises when eating or drinking.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

People making slopping noises when eating or drinking.
Eww yes. For me, people talking while they're crunching on something is worse though.

My youngest son used to grind his teeth really loudly in his sleep. That sound really gets to me.

That squeaky sound from polystyrene is another that makes me seethe.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
Any sort of constant hum, like from the heater in the car, a fan oven, extractor fan, or an engine left running, especially HGVs. Also snoring, loud television, constant barking, and noisy excitable conversation.

Gajolene

Gajolene

The cats fighting at 3 or 4 in the morning. :D I am so jumpy now from the anxiety and panick disorders I jump and my heart skips a few beats at anything sudden and unexpected. The wirrrrr sound of my sons computer fan and the constant whine of my tinnitis in my left ear are particularily irritating.:(

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

That squeaky sound from polystyrene is another that makes me seethe.
Haha, I get an odd sense of satisfaction out of that noise. I know i'm weird.

-I don't like noisy eaters either.
-KISSING NOISES... ewww vom vom vom. It's not that i'm a jealous bitter singleton - I actually find kissing noises incredibly intrusive.
-Any sudden, loud unexpected noise.
-Those stupid little hairdryer-on-wheels-mopeds that seem to be so noisy.
-Car horns.
-Excitable/loud conversation.
-Any music that's too full on, and I don't mean volume, more like when there's just too many layers of sound.

The list could go on, to be honest..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Bipolar Forum 3