• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What are schizophrenic delusions typically like?

A

arty88

Interesting question. Psychotic delusions (of which feature typically in schizophrenia if you have multiple and repeated psychotic episodes throughout life)....are hard to shake off.

You believe them like you believe your name is your name.
Like how you know your age is your age.

It is unshakeable. Someone can try and argue you down about your belief, but you feel in your gut and in your head it is totally true.

Despite the fact that everything around you suggests it isn't true.

Best thing for experiencing delusions (as they indicate positive psychosis) is that you should try to get to a doctor or therapist as soon as possible and discuss it with them.

Medicine is often the first line treatment for this kind of problem.

T

Tvgirl

Interesting question. Psychotic delusions (of which feature typically in schizophrenia if you have multiple and repeated psychotic episodes throughout life)....are hard to shake off.

You believe them like you believe your name is your name.
Like how you know your age is your age.

It is unshakeable. Someone can try and argue you down about your belief, but you feel in your gut and in your head it is totally true.

Despite the fact that everything around you suggests it isn't true.

Best thing for experiencing delusions (as they indicate positive psychosis) is that you should try to get to a doctor or therapist as soon as possible and discuss it with them.

Medicine is often the first line treatment for this kind of problem.
Thankyou. You are absolutely right.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

I believed the radio and tv were talking about my life because my ex boyfriend and I were experimenting with hypnosis and they knew about it and wanted to help. I thought it was such a good thing then nothing ever happened...I still believe that I have meet people on tv with different names..or they have just looked a lot like them and I can’t unblur the lines..it disrupts my life..sounds stupid but it does

T

Tvgirl

I believed the radio and tv were talking about my life because my ex boyfriend and I were experimenting with hypnosis and they knew about it and wanted to help. I thought it was such a good thing then nothing ever happened...I still believe that I have meet people on tv with different names..or they have just looked a lot like them and I can’t unblur the lines..it disrupts my life..sounds stupid but it does
Tough to deal with. Your mind deceiving you.

T

Tvgirl

Tough to deal with. Your mind deceiving you. Its tough.

schizodreamz123

schizodreamz123

So you believe In hypnosis? @schizodreamz123
me, 100% but it doesn’t work on everyone. I was 19 just out of school and I might have believed in ufos back then..lots have changed about my views but I know it works.

A

arty88

Would suggest to TVGirl and anyone else with worries about this....

If you are experiencing the height of psychosis - i.e. full on delusions (false beliefs) and hallucinations (like you have a camera in you? You can feel it? etc).

Well, the natural course of action is to do the opposite to your brain.

Take anti psychotics.

Only a doctor can help with that :)

F

Faceplant

My delusion: I thought I was being mind controlled by more powerful minds, lol

Zero One

Zero One

I'm having a delusion right now that's putting me in a bad fit of rage and just like that it got deleted from my memory. It was one about the mind controllers because I heard their signal and they started talking to me because I started talking to them asking them to remove their signal when they said that they're monitoring me and I told him I don't want them to monitor me and now I remember they traced back in time to when I started to have a lot of issues and sadness and they said that they meant to hurt me although I didn't know it and they planned to hurt me meaning they planned to mess up my mind as it is now. Now they're trying to calm me down when I'm so angry and I think they should not live.

T

Tvgirl

I'm having a delusion right now that's putting me in a bad fit of rage and just like that it got deleted from my memory. It was one about the mind controllers because I heard their signal and they started talking to me because I started talking to them asking them to remove their signal when they said that they're monitoring me and I told him I don't want them to monitor me and now I remember they traced back in time to when I started to have a lot of issues and sadness and they said that they meant to hurt me although I didn't know it and they planned to hurt me meaning they planned to mess up my mind as it is now. Now they're trying to calm me down when I'm so angry and I think they should not live.
I dont experience voices, I just hear the tv and people around me talking about me.

L

linus

You keep saying you don’t experience voices, but you describe exactly voice hearing

T

toto

What is the difference between delusion and hallucination? To believe that the government is talking about you is psychosis. Cameras in you, too.

T

toto

More interestingly, a friend recently had no to sleep more than 2 or 3 days. And he got hallucinations. The good thing is that he realized that he had hallucinations. He fell asleep and everything was fine. The important thing is that he sees his experience as hallucinations, not as a supernatural experience. And it all ended after he fell asleep. Otherwise, you are scared that someone is communicating with you telepathically, you can't sleep and the condition continues.