• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What are schizophrenic delusions typically like?

O

On Fire

Like what you have with your hidden camera!

O

On Fire

I started taking Aripiprazole antipsychotic and it took me about a month to start feeling better and get over my delusions.

T

Tvgirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I started taking Aripiprazole antipsychotic and it took me about a month to start feeling better and get over my delusions.
Ok. I'm still waiting on my med change. Im afraid the world is really watching me although I am developing insight.

I

itsmeagain

That's pretty good. Quite a swift response.

O

On Fire

Ok. I'm still waiting on my med change. Im afraid the world is really watching me although I am developing insight.
What meds are you changing from and to?

Linda1989

Linda1989

I was 18 years old back in 2009 I thought I was Adam first wife Lilith that's when I was heavy in the bible because I stop going to school.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I thought super intelligent gorillas had taken over the world. They captured folk and put them in a torture device and their deaths were live broadcast to a celebrity audience who were in hysterics.

F

fluffpill

ACCOUNT CLOSED
diagnosis: schizophrenia with bipolar, schizoaffective.

my acute psychosis lasted for 1 month but cognitive symptoms lasted around 7 months. i became "weird" for a year. i was put on abilify at that time. it stopped the delusions but didn't do much for mania/cognitive symptoms so i was put on invega after abilify. second psychosis lasted around 3-6 months (i was off meds and it was still very mild when i got on meds again), it had mild hallucinations/delusions and paranoia + on and off hypomania/mania.

-hallucinations were of men watching me (faces, hallograms, real man), women talking to me
-paranoia was of a woman coming to get me and cops and hospital watching me through paint on the walls and a war between bad ghosts and angels and good ghosts
-delusions were that the police was going to put my entire family in jail except me, hospital was trying to save me and wanted a confession of schizophrenia and other things out of me, world was going to end soon, i was chosen to do something special (not going to tell exactly what because it's super embarrassing), doctors were giving me magic pills with placebo effect, a man was helping me navigate through the complex hospital system, a man was changing my thoughts through magic, there was no religion and no sins or virtues, there was a religion and God existed and evil existed too and that they were fighting around me, telepathic skills - i felt like people were answering me without me saying anything to them, i thought what was happening to me was exactly what happened to alice in wonderland, i thought the hospital was the wonderland, i also felt like there was a secret services organization that operated through the hospital/cameras and kept an eye on me and were watching everything i did (even in private--like in washroom/bedroom), i felt like the police sold my story to the newspaper and newspaper made comics out of it and i read that comics section regularly and laughed really hard because it all suited my situation perfectly (i was manic)

i was constantly having new delusions/hallucinations/paranoia, these^ were not constant. some lasted a few minutes and some lasted a few days. i had enough insight to tell myself that these were not real and not possible, except in the first 10 days. but throughout i had enough insight that i could tell something was seriously wrong with me and that schizophrenia was happening. i have schizoaffective, i have the insight, but i don't want to be on meds and think this was all caused by ghosts in childhood.

Ras

Ras

most constant delusions i had was when i was going through family court and lots of shit with the police and i was convinced that my ex had hired people to come into my house and poison all my food and drinks including the water in taps. so i stopped eating and drinking anything in general and it got me hospitalized numerous times.
that is the most constant delusion i have had anyway. Have had others but they were not that constant

D

Daringdan

I had a delusion where I thought I was supposed to proposition the nurses where I was staying. The idea was that the universe was trying to set me up with one and that I needed to say the right things to receive the blessing and union of marriage. I kept asking the nurses if they "wanted to talk" as a way of flirting my way into a predestined coupling.

L

Lab rat

There’s no such thing as “typical” when it comes to delusions, just “similar” your delusion about the camera is personal to you.