• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What are people doing for therapy and medication now?

S

Silas1066

I live in the states (IL) and everything has been shut down for the last 3 weeks. The shutdown will continue for at least another month.

This means no doctor visits unless you are critically ill, no dental visits unless it is a major emergency, and no psychotherapy visits period. Some psychologists and psychiatrists have been doing consultation over the Internet, but only like 20%, and none are accepting new patients.

Everything is shut down where I live, and half the restaurants and bars have already gone out-of-business. We are losing tens of thousands of jobs everyday, and 50% of my friends are now unemployed.

I am now full-on clinically depressed and I have nowhere to turn. Aside from talking it over with friends over the phone,I don't have any options. Likewise, I can imagine what alcoholics and drug-addicts are going through: no AA or NA meetings, no access to therapy, and isolated at home.

how is it with the rest of you?

H

Hello513Zombie

I live in the states (IL) and everything has been shut down for the last 3 weeks. The shutdown will continue for at least another month.

This means no doctor visits unless you are critically ill, no dental visits unless it is a major emergency, and no psychotherapy visits period. Some psychologists and psychiatrists have been doing consultation over the Internet, but only like 20%, and none are accepting new patients.

Everything is shut down where I live, and half the restaurants and bars have already gone out-of-business. We are losing tens of thousands of jobs everyday, and 50% of my friends are now unemployed.

I am now full-on clinically depressed and I have nowhere to turn. Aside from talking it over with friends over the phone,I don't have any options. Likewise, I can imagine what alcoholics and drug-addicts are going through: no AA or NA meetings, no access to therapy, and isolated at home.

how is it with the rest of you?
I live in chicago too, but my psych called me and filled my prescriptions after the lockdown

S

Silas1066

unfortunately, I don't have any kind of therapist, although it might help right now.

with the whole US economy imploding, and the dangers of potentially living in a Great Depression or worse (failed-state), I am not doing well right now

H

Hello513Zombie

unfortunately, I don't have any kind of therapist, although it might help right now.

with the whole US economy imploding, and the dangers of potentially living in a Great Depression or worse (failed-state), I am not doing well right now
I don't think it will come to that

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Take it as an excellent opportunity to learn to survive without the conveniences of modern society. Remember, pain can drive growth and changes.

S

Silas1066

Take it as an excellent opportunity to learn to survive without the conveniences of modern society. Remember, pain can drive growth and changes.
I am not worried about me. I can survive on ramen in a crappy apartment. I am worried about my wife and kids. College savings getting wiped out as we speak, my job in danger, ultimately losing the house, etc.