What anxiety pain symptoms do you suffer with and how do control them

D

Deano84

Hi I suffer with health anxiety and other mental health issues, I've had muscle tension in my neck for a few days now and also feels like I've a got a tickly sore throat and need to cough every now and then is this normal. Also get abdominal pains lower back pains but I dont know if this is from working out in the gym. Some times the pain seems to subside then I realise the pains not there then as soon as I think the pain isn't there It flairs up which ever part I think about starts to hurt....is this normal or is it somat more underlining and I am really sick..what pain symptoms do you suffer with

S

Sara_1978

I get pains in my head, sometimes shooting pains, sometimes this pressure feeling like someone is pushing down on my head or a tight band around my forehead. I get v painful cramps in my arms and legs as well as numbness, tingling and pins & needles.
I get a feeling like my limbs are heavy.
Nausea, racing heart...palpitations.
Dizziness, brain fog & confusion.

Lolliebug

Lolliebug

I usually get head pain (usually turns into a migraine) neck pain and back pain. Sometimes I get belly cramps and an upset stomach. I've read that stress and anxiety can have a big impact on the digestive track so that might be what is causing your abdominal pain. I also tend to get brain fog, bad chest pain and sometimes pain in my face and forehead.

Sometimes when I realize the pain is gone then think about it it comes back too. I always figured it was just because I was thinking about it then it came back as sort of a psychological thing like when you think about feeling something really hard you start feeling it. Sorry if that was a bit hard to understand I'm bad at explaining things lol

D

Deano84

I usually get head pain (usually turns into a migraine) neck pain and back pain. Sometimes I get belly cramps and an upset stomach. I've read that stress and anxiety can have a big impact on the digestive track so that might be what is causing your abdominal pain. I also tend to get brain fog, bad chest pain and sometimes pain in my face and forehead.

Sometimes when I realize the pain is gone then think about it it comes back too. I always figured it was just because I was thinking about it then it came back as sort of a psychological thing like when you think about feeling something really hard you start feeling it. Sorry if that was a bit hard to understand I'm bad at explaining things lol
no that makes perfect scence probley not to some folk but yeah it's nice to here about it when other people are going through it and it's not just me over reacting, ir maybe that's what exactly what I am doing over reacting thanks for you feedback it means a lot for me to work on my recovery x x

D

Deano84

I get pains in my head, sometimes shooting pains, sometimes this pressure feeling like someone is pushing down on my head or a tight band around my forehead. I get v painful cramps in my arms and legs as well as numbness, tingling and pins & needles.
I get a feeling like my limbs are heavy.
Nausea, racing heart...palpitations.
Dizziness, brain fog & confusion.
Iam sorry to.hear you suffer with the same symptoms but it's nice for me to here that you do in all honesty. Wishing you all the best x

S

Sara_1978

Don’t be sorry, I wrote that so you would feel better knowing that this is happening to other people too.
It’s helped me in the same way.
since joining the forum iv realised that I don’t have a terrible undiagnosed Illness but actually that anxiety is causing these horrible symptoms.
Speaking to others really does help so don’t be afraid to speak to people on here x

S

Sara_1978

I’m just lying in bed trying to sleep but iv got a symptom I can’t ignore tonight.
Iv had leg cramp and discomfort in my right leg for a few hours now.
My negative thoughts won’t allow me to believe it’s just a bit of cramp that’s perfectly normal to have...oh nooo, it must be a blood clot.
Every day it’s a different symptom and a different illness...I’m so tired of it.

L

Lunar Lady

I’m just lying in bed trying to sleep but iv got a symptom I can’t ignore tonight.
My negative thoughts won’t allow me to believe it’s just a bit of cramp that’s perfectly normal to have...oh nooo, it must be a blood clot.
Every day it’s a different symptom and a different illness...I’m so tired of it.
:hug: Got a banana you can eat? Potassium helps cramp enormously. xx

D

Deano84

Don’t be sorry, I wrote that so you would feel better knowing that this is happening to other people too.
It’s helped me in the same way.
since joining the forum iv realised that I don’t have a terrible undiagnosed Illness but actually that anxiety is causing these horrible symptoms.
Speaking to others really does help so don’t be afraid to speak to people on here x
Thanks for your kind words it really does mean a lot x

D

Deano84

Yeah it's a vicious cycle we live in. Then you will dwell on it all day all you will think about is now you have a blood clot and this will spiral out of control in your mind and will result in having your leg amputated. It so messed up but so real for us x

S

Sara_1978

Oh god I hadn’t thought about having my leg amputated....that’s something for me to focus on now LOL.
Well I still have the cramps but iv got up and pottered around, had a nice relaxing shower and I feel much better now.
Fingers crossed I can ignore today’s symptoms and have a better day, it’s so tiring living with health anxiety x

C

Chelle0416

I experience the same as lolliebug, currently though I am only dealing with back pain and tension which is most definately related to my anxiety. I unfortunately dont know how to control it, i just try to ignore the pain as best I can. When im hit with a case of anxiety nausea, I either end up throwing up :low: or just trying to take deep slow breaths to try to calm the nausea.

D

Deano84

I experience the same as lolliebug, currently though I am only dealing with back pain and tension which is most definately related to my anxiety. I unfortunately dont know how to control it, i just try to ignore the pain as best I can. When im hit with a case of anxiety nausea, I either end up throwing up :low: or just trying to take deep slow breaths to try to calm the nausea.
I had my first bout of nausea the other week it wasnt nice I had never had that symptom before it was horrible. I dint eat my food for almost a week lost my appetite big time had a massive knot in my stomach and felt like I was gonna throw up, I dint but really felt like I was going to be sick. Had a massive panic attack then felt the nausea. Where do you get your tension just in your back x

C

Chelle0416

I get nausea a lot,more often than not it is accompanied by an anxiety attack.. fun stuff (not). I too find the effects lingering to where I cannot eat or barely eat for many days at a time. The worst lasted over a month and resulted in significant weight loss, not good especially since a size 0 was baggy on me by then. The tension is mostly my back and neck/shoulders.

A

AbrianaSantos

I've been suffering from health anxiety for almost a year now. I've had a ton of symptoms. I've had alot of stomach digestion issues, burning skin, feeling hot, elevated heart rate, tension headaches, brain and stomach zaps. Everytime I google any of these bad stuff always pops up and it makes the symptoms even worse. Whenever my symptoms leave and then I think about them to myself and after I do that then they usually come back. I've convinced myself that I've had every terminal disease known to man. It would be helpful if anyone can relate to me. Oh yeah and whenever I see something about health on TV or commercials I immediately think I have that illness and it just spirals out of control.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

i dont go outside but when i do i think everyone is staring at me speaking, laughing etc sweat like a pig feel like i am going to shit myself i just ride it out really is not a good way to live

D

Deano84

I've been suffering from health anxiety for almost a year now. I've had a ton of symptoms. I've had alot of stomach digestion issues, burning skin, feeling hot, elevated heart rate, tension headaches, brain and stomach zaps. Everytime I google any of these bad stuff always pops up and it makes the symptoms even worse. Whenever my symptoms leave and then I think about them to myself and after I do that then they usually come back. I've convinced myself that I've had every terminal disease known to man. It would be helpful if anyone can relate to me. Oh yeah and whenever I see something about health on TV or commercials I immediately think I have that illness and it just spirals out of control.
Yeah I totally understand my friend. And very much relate to this, when I red it in my head I thought i could have wrote this. Yeah it' horrible thing to have to deal with on a daily basis I dont know about you but its constantly in my head all day every day it's like a never ending battle but with my self but this is just one of my symptoms health anxiety. Also have pure OCD which relates to my health anxiety, phobia of dieing that's why I thing all this stuff because a scared to death of knowing that one day iam not gonna be here. It just seems that days gonna be sooner than I think well in my head it is

L

Laudanum

It's highly unlikely you'd get a blood clot in bed, as your legs are at the same level as your heart. They are more likely to occur after many hours of sitting and not moving.

S

Sara_1978

It's highly unlikely you'd get a blood clot in bed, as your legs are at the same level as your heart. They are more likely to occur after many hours of sitting and not moving.
Oh I know, unfortunately anxiety particularly health anxiety isn’t rational at all 😢

R

Ramson mash

Any else feel Dread? It used to worry me, now it totally stops me in my tracks. Until i fight it off.