• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What am I supposed to do?

J

Joe77

At the moment I am being forced to take medication by injection. I am very upset. My life revolves around sleeping 14 hours a day, being sick about 5 times a day and feeling dizzy. I told the psychiatrist the side effects but they won't take me off injections. I can't do anything I want to do like go running or play football. Has anyone got any ideas about how I can get off the medication?

porkpie

porkpie

I'm on depot injections and they make me lethargic too and for some reason my hair greasy but when I told the pdoc that she said it was my paranoia... It does make my hair greasy.

I have thought about not turning up ay the clinic on injection day but they would section me straight away because I'm on a CTO, are you on a CTO?

J

Joe77

No I'm not on a CTO, I'm on extended section 2. They want to displace my father as nearest relative.

porkpie

porkpie

No I'm not on a CTO, I'm on extended section 2. They want to displace my father as nearest relative.
Section 17 home leave? They could section 3 you if your not compliant with medication.

J

Joe77

They can't put me on section 3 yet because they have to displace my father as nearest relative.

8anana

get it changed to paliperidone injections.

Voices are still there but no tiredness.

also I found having them in the arse muscle than the arm is less painfull.

BillFish

BillFish

At the moment I am being forced to take medication by injection. I am very upset. My life revolves around sleeping 14 hours a day, being sick about 5 times a day and feeling dizzy. I told the psychiatrist the side effects but they won't take me off injections. I can't do anything I want to do like go running or play football. Has anyone got any ideas about how I can get off the medication?
I refused to take depixol injections several years ago, you still have the right to say the meds are making you very ill and to ask for something else ya know:p

fazza

fazza

I was put on depixol injections a few years ago and the side effects were horrible. I asked to come off it and they agreed to put me on risperidone consta depot injections (50mg) every 2 weeks. Now I do not feel tired and although I still hear voices I can cope with them. You are showing that you are willing to accept treatment so they should accept that they should try a different approach as the side effects can make your life unbearable. Treatment has to be a two way thing. Be strong and assertive but dont threaten to refuse treatment as you do not want to come across as non compliant. Best wishes to you.

J

Joe77

to BillFish and fazza. I have been on 5 different drugs in the form of injections in the last 6 years, they all have similar side effects, I have been on depixol and risperidone, they both made me sleep for 14 hours a day. I have been forced to take medication most of the time for the last 6 years. I have been on CTOs for the last 6 years. I just want them to leave me alone. I do not want to take medication. Has anyone got any ideas about how to get off the medication. I do have a court case coming up on the 11th of December.

J

Joe77

The problem is by "playing their game" it can take years to get off the medication.

S

seriouslydisturbed

Hi. I've got some great news, you don't have to take meds if you don't want to, well thats the case here in the UK. All they can do is ask you to come into hospital for 3 days and that you must agree to because if you don't only then can they section you. So thats it you just agree to the 3 day stay and say F*** Y**. I spoke to a solicitor last time i was in hospital and she told me, i was over the moon to find out i don't have to take meds and they can't force you. Psychiatrists are not as powerful as some of them like to think they are :dance:

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The problem is by "playing their game" it can take years to get off the medication.
Yea. i've ended up stuck on medication myself - But things can be negotiated if you comply. i take a low dose of one medication in tablet form - i was close to getting stuck on depot injections as well at one stage.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi. I've got some great news, you don't have to take meds if you don't want to, well thats the case here in the UK. All they can do is ask you to come into hospital for 3 days and that you must agree to because if you don't only then can they section you. So thats it you just agree to the 3 day stay and say F*** Y**. I spoke to a solicitor last time i was in hospital and she told me, i was over the moon to find out i don't have to take meds and they can't force you. Psychiatrists are not as powerful as some of them like to think they are :dance:
It's true to a point - But they can still put you on a section 2, months observation, & then a section 3, forced treatment if they deem it necessary.

i had it all with them - read up on my rights, was in hospital refusing all treatment, they threatened me with a section 3 & depot injections if i didn't take the tablets.

S

seriouslydisturbed

Yes if having symptoms. It's worth the break you get off meds though + more support + easier to claim benefits + a cpn.