• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

What am i suffering from??

K

kaytee

could someone please help...i think i am suffering from depression or nervous breakdown or something. i went to my doctors about this and he said i have anxiety issues and i need councelling due to my past. i feel low most of the time i work alot so i never get time to rest and when i do i sit thinking of things that i could be doing. i get feelings all of a sudden that everything is wrong and bad things are going to happen. i never want to go out with my friends and i feel like i cant talk to my boyfriend because i dont think he listens to me. sometimes i get so upset that my mind goes blurry and i cant concentrate on what im doing and its like i cant think about anything. i cry at almost anything as well..sometimes i think about killing myself as well..and although i have never attempted it..it still goes through my mind. i think i need help but no1 will listen to me its getting worse and i can feel myself getting unwell..also i have noticed my hair starting to fall out alot more. please could someone help or have they been in a simular situation? thanks kaytee.

Kate4

Kate4

Sorry to hear you are going through such a bad time Kaytee. You are obviously very low at the moment. You didn't say whether or not your GP gave you any medication? If he did it will take a few weeks for you to feel the benefit. If he didn't then maybe you should go back and speak to him again or if you don't feel you can do that, is there another GP at the practice you could talk to? There are lots of us on here who know exactly how you are feeling so you are not alone.:grouphug:

K

kaytee

no he didnt give me any medication for how im feeling but he did give me iron tablets because when i had a blood test i had very low iron in my body...i just want to know if there is something i should be worried about or has my doctor gave me the right information, i know this isnt a phase i am going through because i have felt like this for a long time its just took me this long to finally get something done about it. thanks for your reply. i just want to be how i used to be.:(

Kate4

Kate4

I can only tell you what I would do in a similar situation and I think that I would book an appointment to speak with another GP. Sometimes we can pull ourselves out of our 'dark place' and other times we need help. I think you need help just now. :( If you think you will be ok until after the weekend try to book an appointment on Monday for as soon as possible. If not, look up the Emergency Mental Health Services in your area and ask to speak to someone. Please take care of yourself.
Love Kate x:hug:

B

BP2

Has your GP referred you for counselling or was it a bit of a throw away remark? It seems unfair that a GP would recommend something but not put any sort of plan in place - even if there was a long waiting list?

A call on medication is a hard one and GPs are often accused of handing out pills (e.g. anti-depressants) far too easily and perhaps most people understandably are reluctant to start medication and especially so for the first time?

So long as things aren't spiraling downwards over the next few days I would look to go back to the GP in a week or twos time, if the iron tablets give you more energy then it maybe that your "mood" will improve alongside that, maybe not.

Try to remember you are not alone in how you feel, but I also know far too frequently from personal experience it feels that way and when you feel really down rationale thought goes right down the pan.

You have made the first positive step by seeking help from your GP, they are there to help and support you. Don't be afraid of going back, take a close friend with you if you feel uneasy about expressing your feelings, even if it is only for some company to the surgery and back.

Take care and wishing you well BP2

D

DELATEXT

Talk

Hi, think you need to go back to your Doctor and be as forth right as you can about how badly you feel ??
Your Doctor should address this as it is affecting you so badly ??
Ask for help you should get it

:tea:

K

kaytee

yeh he said he will refer me for councelling but it wont be for a while because theres a long waiting list..i understand that he doesnt want to prescribe me anti-depressants. i do think i need to go and see another GP because i do not feel comfortable with this doctor anyway! i wanted him to say.."look this is what your going through..this is what im going to do for you..and this is whats going to happen" but all i got was " ok your irons low so take these vitamins ill refer you for councelling..so basically wait on a phonecall until then"..thanks for all your advice guys. xXx:)

pinkprincess

pinkprincess

I really feel for you un. I have been fortunate top have a very good supportive GP who aswell as the counselling put me on meds. Like you I work v hard so find that my 'down' moments are when I aren't at work. I worry about going to work and when I get there I just have o get on with it- my class of 30 will not wait! I really think you should seek advice from another GP!
It sounds awful that you had the courage and strength to go and he dissmissed you
x

D

DELATEXT

Doctors

HI, SORRY TO HEAR THAT DOCTOR DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU, SEE AN OTHER , HOPEFULLY THEY'LL BE MORE UNDERSTANDING ??
GOOD LUCK .

:tea: