• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What am I feeling

S

Svydp

New to this forum dont rly know the format

Having recently started uni (unfortunately during a pandemic) I dont feel myself lately, and i dont know what im feeling or how worried I should be about it

I like my flatmates im living with i think they're funny, but i feel no desire to go and spend time with them, I have no desire to leave my room, Im finding I have no motivation to respond to my girlfriends messages, and I dont feel like I want to put any effort into the relationship, i guess because long distance? im finding im losing the motivation to do basic tasks, cleaning stuff, Im still focusing on my university work fine, but i just feel like i dont want to exist rn, havent really felt numb like this before and idk what it is or what to do about it

R

Rosie2729

Hi
I'm new too and have no clue on format. Sorry your feeling this way, have you thought of the possibility of depression or anxiety? I suffer from depression and i can definitely relate to the feeling of complete numbness, and lack of motivation.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Svydp, welcome to the forum :welcome:

It sounds to me that you're suffering from some form of depression. It's great that you manage to focus on your uni work, it's very hard to get anything constructive done while depressed. Sometimes new situations and changes in ones lives such as going to a new school (or a global pandemic!) can overwhelm you and make you feel numb and depressed so maybe that can be part of the cause. It's horrible to feel like this so I hope you feel better soon.

S

Svydp

Hi Svydp, welcome to the forum :welcome:

It sounds to me that you're suffering from some form of depression. It's great that you manage to focus on your uni work, it's very hard to get anything constructive done while depressed. Sometimes new situations and changes in ones lives such as going to a new school (or a global pandemic!) can overwhelm you and make you feel numb and depressed so maybe that can be part of the cause. It's horrible to feel like this so I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks, is nice to hear a response, just felt like speaking my mind anonymously might help alleviate some of the confusion going on up in my head

S

Svydp

Hi
I'm new too and have no clue on format. Sorry your feeling this way, have you thought of the possibility of depression or anxiety? I suffer from depression and i can definitely relate to the feeling of complete numbness, and lack of motivation.
Its nice to hear other people can relate to what i'm feeling, sorry to hear you might feel the same stuff isn't too pleasant, for me its just very confusing because i'm quite a confident and active person, if anything its the real change in disposition more than the feeling themselves that worry / get to me

jajingna

jajingna

Hello, and welcome to you both, Svydp and Rosie. Maybe this forum can help a little. It's got a lot of sub-forums, for particular concerns, but not hard to navigate really. Just post whenever you feel like it.