• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

what advice would you give a downtrodden schizophrenic who has lost hope in meds

K

karl7

what advice would you give

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

To try the DNA test, you might have a problem with absorbing medicine in your brain like me. Only certain ones will maybe work for me.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

Study beyond physical cures because what you see isn't physical

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

3 meals a day, a book before bedtime, sleep at night, a walk in the park and sugar on sundays

fazza

fazza

From a guy who was treatment resistive and that clozapine worked but nearly killed me.
I would say never give up.
The amount of combinations are like getting a tailor made suit. It can take a very long time to get the right fit.

I have been on an encyclopedia of head meds and was at the end of my patience/willingness to carry on.
Then by chance a drug seems to be working well.
I returned to work and have a happy life.
Yes I do still relapse but it is small dips compared to the roller-coaster that I used to ride.
Hang in there. The right treatment could be right around the corner

T

Thelma27

I have been on antipsychotics since 2011 but my condition is still not any better if I had to be honest it has worsen I can no longer take care of myself without assistance from others my main concern at the moment is my forgetfulness and I have become unable to recognise people faces