• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

what actually helped your CLINICAL depression?

S

Stilltrying

ive reached a point where self talk and motivational speeches dont cut it. all day i feel terrible with fear and depression. please post what was the turning point for you? weather it was diet or a certain medication that turned the lights on for you. i am seeing a doctor now im just curious about what your resolution was??

nutsie

nutsie

Medication's kicked in

Exercise

Meditation

S

Stilltrying

Which med was it for you did u try many different ones first? I'm only curious

nutsie

nutsie

Anti-depressant

It is only guess if work for person first time

I think most successful SSRI is

1) Zoloft (sertraline)
2) Celexa (citalopram)

Escitalopram is SSRI with less side effect

If SSRI do not work for you then try SNRI

1) Cymbalta (duloxetine)
2) Effexor (venlafaxine)

Now have new one from Denmark but I cannot remember name

If SSRI no work good then SNRI work unless you real unlucky

Then have other type sorry I forgot name

Hope this help

I take many type. Most person, antidepressant good for 10-15 year
But if you drink alcohol and take other bug juice then maybe only 5-7 yearv

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

I cant say I really stable most of the time with my depression. Medication has slightly helped, people react to things differently. Beyond medication I think I do better with some type of routine in my life, I kinda hate it but it good for me. It keep me from crawling into the dark places where I'm most comfortable. Being self aware of my bad habits, triggers, and knowing when I feel myself becoming more depressed is good. That way I can try to make attempts to combat it. Then the exersize and meditation or yoga.

nutsie

nutsie

ive reached a point where self talk and motivational speeches dont cut it. all day i feel terrible with fear and depression. please post what was the turning point for you? weather it was diet or a certain medication that turned the lights on for you. i am seeing a doctor now im just curious about what your resolution was??
Self talking no work when very depressed

I sometime listen Claire Weekes you can find free online download is 4 very good talk of how to beat anxiety and depression

Self talking only help if you feel strong already

Must do small activity even if only make instant noodl or walking 10 minutes then give you confidence very slow but do each day and make walk longer etc

Narutaku

Narutaku

I feel you here. I used to really get relief out of motivational words and cathartic talks but eventually they stopped doing it for me. I guess I would say it was a turning point because I realized I may just have to life with my depression. One thing that helps I would say is to just let myself spiral one set time of the day, that way it becomes more routine and you stay more stable throughout the day.

C

crazyfrog213

There's allot of meds out there that do help. If you have a good GP or psychiatrist then they should be able to guide you. If you want to try the natural path then exercise, and meditation are great. I have had success with Paroxentine in the past. Recently I have had great success with natural stuff like magnesium, omega 3, bay leaves, black seed oil, and a few others.

nutsie

nutsie

Yes fish oil and magnesium many sufferer say is good. For me no work but

Exercise and meditation we should make part of life. Difficult to start but make habit

P

Prycejosh1987

Lights have different ways of being turned on, there are different power levels lights produce.