• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

What a turn up

D

Deliah

Hi everybody, I told my dearest friend last night about my voices. We have been friend for about 18 years. She said that she has them too and thought that everyone did. That she has had them all her life. So incredible to for me and I suppose the reason the reason she never talked about it was because she just thought it was part of everyone's human experience. She mentioned a book called focusing which she finds really useful for her. She say's she has a virtually continuous dialogue going with hers. I dialogue with mine too and I have many gifts through them. After chatting with my very wise friend, I felt at peace, like I could rest. My youngest voice came to me and said 'I feel really happy and I know it's ok to be me now'. She didn't seem so young anymore and I know that it is a wonderful life I live with voices. She just told me she feels less squashed. She's spinning in circles and she is saying 'I'm free, to be me diddle lee de' I just treated her to her request of a kangaroo to hope around on. She's hopped away, 'for now' she said to the Australian outback to dance with the Aborigionees. I wonder how many people never really consider it. D x

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

A bit surprising. Is your friend living in different dimension? Everyone hears voices?

E

Eigau

Thanks for sharing deliah. That must have been a great relief to know someone close to you was also a voice hearer and seemingly quite settled with it too.

B

BAGGPUSS

I suppose if someone had voices all their life how would they even know what it was like not to have voices, so I can see logic in the thinking that everyone hears voices.

Glad you opened up to your friend Deliah its hard to admit hearing Voices I hope you can help each other and creat a even better bond.

for me I miss my voices on quite days

x

D

Deliah

Brat, No, I think she just doesn't consider herself to have something wrong with her because she has them and never considered that it is a less usual experience. D x

D

Deliah

Hello Shotme, No my friend is a real life human and the my mind (the visual hallucination) as you call it is me and happier for having shared my experience with my beautiful friend. My voices are visual at times as well a auditory but not external to me, always internal, but I do treat them like dear friends with love and then they love me back. I give them gifts sometimes. D x

D

Deliah

Bagpuss, Thank you for your post, can you call up your voices when you miss them? D x