• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

What a day!

mr_c

mr_c

Got a phonecall at 3 today from my little brother he had been involved in a car crash with his girlfriend, been at the hospital since then, got home about an hour ago. There both ok just severe bruising and whiplash. They are lucky to be alive, they got hit while turning right at a junction, the driver who hit them was going in excess of 80MPH! My bro keep saying how much he appreciated me being there and so did his girlfriend, incidently thats the first time i have ever met her.

The whole time i was there i was trying to be strong for them both, my bro knows how ill i have been recently and ive been seeing him much more which is great. I cannot though get out of my head all the time i have wasted with my family especially him, he could of quite easily died today. I know its normal to be upset when someone you love has an accident.

While i was still unsure of how they both were all my attention and thoughts were on them, as soon as they got the all clear, i started thinking about death again, i know i was in a hospital and maybe thats why, but i was looking around the ward at particular things and thinking could i kill myself with that, or how many of those tablets would i have to take to end it all, why when i have my flesh and blood infront of me can i not stop thinking about suicide, its getting ridiculos now the only time i dont think about it is when i get drunk and that seems to be getting more and more recently.

Argh why cant i see a light at the end of the tunnel, surely nearly losing a loved one is enough to make you realise how much you want to live.

D

DELATEXT

amazing

Well Mr C you've gone great in very distressing circumstances !!
Family is so important and it's these difficult times that test us to the limit,
You've came through with flying colours,

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

So glad your family are safe all things considered,

:grouphug:

mr_c

mr_c

Thanks Dela,

Dont feel great though, i feel really guilty for thinking about me when i should be thinking about others right now

D

DELATEXT

not so

Not so considering your own distress and pain, you have shown great concern and worry for your family, do not be so hard on yourself ??

:grouphug::grouphug:

mr_c

mr_c

Thanks Dela,

Seriously to anyone who reads this id like to thank them because this is the only place ive ever truly felt like people get me.

Your all good people

S

starfish

mr c

when you were supporting your brother and his girlfriend at the hospital your mind was distracted from your self and was thinking rationally then while you were there your mind latched on to things you could use to harm yourself. these thoughts were irrational thoughts. its like having two lots of thoughts running side by side. once you can recognize this it makes things easier for you. having someone close to you having an accident, makes you re-evaluate what is and what isnt important.