• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

were u different growing up?

J

jodie20

heya, i am not diagnosed with anything, because i lie to psychiatrists because i don't trust them, i would like to find out if there are any warning signs of bipolar, not as in before an episode, i mean when u were growing up, were you different from other children? how old were u when people began to notice changes? can a life of severe anxiety and stress cause it?

please help me out here ppl!!

emski

emski

Stress and anxiety can trigger psychiatric disorders, yes, but there can be a whole host of other reasons - I don't think most people find out exactly the cause of why they get ill, because very often it is a number of contributing factors.

In my case I would say I've always felt different, and my personality and my family history has always orientated me towards bipolar, but I didn't start experiencing symptoms of mental illness until my late teens, which have always been worsened by sources of stress and anxiety. I wasn't diagnosed BP until age 26, and have only had this diagnosis just shy of a year.

Hope this helps!

Islander

Islander

Hmmm was I different growing up? Good question -

I always felt different. Kinda grew up in my own little world,
when things were going bad I would go in my room and dream
of things being better. Felt like I was an outsider, as I got
older basically was involved in sports to gain acceptance by
my family as well as others. Think now that I know about
my illness and all the therapy I have had, I am better yeah
I mean stronger.

Islander