• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Went to the doctor today..

J

Jisatsu

for the first time about how I'm feeling.

She gave me the number of a counsellor and told me to come back if I think it isn't working out or I want to try something else..
I went with my friend and she kinda distracted me after it and that stopped me from crying so much.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, seeing as people asked to be updated lol.

I'm probably going to phone the counsellor tomorrow but I don't really know what to say??

dib4uk

dib4uk

for the first time about how I'm feeling.

She gave me the number of a counsellor and told me to come back if I think it isn't working out or I want to try something else..
I went with my friend and she kinda distracted me after it and that stopped me from crying so much.

Just thought I'd let everyone know, seeing as people asked to be updated lol.

I'm probably going to phone the counsellor tomorrow but I don't really know what to say??
Well what I can say to you, is just try and be relaxed and explain in brief why you want to go to the counselling. They're pretty used to hearing all sorts of stories about why a person comes to them.... remember also that its confidential way to help yourself through a difficult time. Unlike psychotherapy they dont keep notes on you which is fed back to the doctor etc.

S

Soren

hi jisatsu,

i'm glad you went to see the doc. when you phone up, just say that your doctor gave you the number because you've been having problems like.....blah blah.

they've heard everything and will look after you. hope it goes well!:)

W

whatstheproblem?

Well done on going ji, I hope you feel relieved and it wasn't too bad.. Think it's good that dr is suggesting councelling before jut shoving meds into your system like so many others do. Good luck Hun, make the call - get it over with. *hugs*

J

Jisatsu

I called on the house phone today loads of times today and I couldn't get through :( I then got worried because I don't want my parents to know and if she phones back on the house phone they might find out ? :(:(

I left a message on ONE of her numbers saying don't phone back on this number and I'll call again tomorrow but I'm still worried :(
I have a feeling it's going to take forever to even get through let alone get an appointment..

K

KingFan

Hey Jisatsu, well done on the drs appointment, its good 2 get it all out. keep trying the counsellor (cant spell), maybe ask ur dr 2 push it with them if it takes ages? in the mean time, were all here 4 u 2 talk 2 :) hope all goes well and you get an app soon hon :) x

J

Jisatsu

Well, I only phoned for the first time today (but I phoned a lot lol).
My doctor said if I can't get through to the counsellor then I should go back to see her.

My doctor didn't refer me herself, she gave me the number to call so Idk how long it's going to take to get through and stuff..

S

Soren

hi J,

i know its really irritating when stuff like that happens. i hope you will keep trying to get through.

its good that your doc said that she is available to you in the meantime though - don't hesitate to go and see her again if/when you need to. its important to be in contact with someone, even if its just for the sake of being in contact and keeping the ball rolling.

keep tryin J!:)